6• Denial

Dedicated to Khady for making me happy!
~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

To us, the world is a reason for the fragility of dreams and the weakness of hopes. But to her, the world is the last string of hope for everyone living in it, an epilogue for everyone who carries the cross of life but most especially, her.

It was the same reason why she didn't allow anything to be a barrier between her and her dream. She made sure to leave behind anything that could be a reason for her to give up on her dream.

Those being the last thing she'd let go, everything became perfectly alright. Except the fact that the society just wouldn't keep talking.

But that was only natural isn't it? Exactly why she decided to act oblivious of whatsoever the society might say about her.

Someone else's opinion shouldn't really matter, especially that of the society which has nothing but frail lifestyle and crushed relationships. They all have their problems to worry about so she saw no reason for them to worry about hers mainly because they won't help at all.

What brought all those thoughts back from the days of nothingness, was nothing but the situation she found herself in. He was talking right at her and she couldn't help but relate him to the society. And again, she had no idea whether to talk back or just let him bark his words until he gets tired and eventually let her be.

They were at school, practical class. And somehow, they were teamed up for a particular project of which Nahla's team was including neither Oma nor Lina.

Hafeezah was the only person in her team that she had conversed with before and it was of great disadvantage to her.

"You really don't have to make a fuss about it. Alal I'itibar she's trying herself too" Hafeezah said trying to defend Nahla. One advantage they had in the team was they were all Muslims.

"I don't think so. What's so great about having a team captain causing us this much loss, she knew he wouldn't do it yet she assigned him to" Yousuf shouted yet again.

"Okay Yousuf, you probably should stop shouting about it" Adila advised. "Oh come on. Y'all are trying to defend her foolish judgement when it is clearly causing us dearly"

"Wait Yousuf!" Nahla started. "It might not have occured to you but I have heard enough of your talks. And yes, I am sorry for getting the best person we have on the team to prepare it for us, and also sorry for being a nuisance who was trying to get the best out of our team, most importantly sorry that Sahil fell sick and was not able to bring the work today. But I am not sorry for making a decision for you all. Besides, I'm no God to have known things would go wrong so feel free to leave the team if you're not up to live your kadr" Nahla shouted.

She couldn't remember when last she had lost her cool that way and she felt bad for snapping at him but if truth was to be told, he was at fault.

Nahla left them there and sat by the rare end of the class. Not to calm herself but to think of ways to make everything back to place again. She would feel really bad if her team was to fail the project class because of that.

It took her just few minutes to come up with a possible solution that could save their team project. She wasted no time in walking to share it with the other members.