7• Blurred scope

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Adjusting her sitting position on the carpeted floor, Nahla recited, word by word in a scenic melody, the Qur'an as her voice echoed in the masjid.

It was a Friday

It was a Friday. Nahla always visited the mosque on Fridays to pray and listen to the khudba. Because her heart felt heavy that day, she stayed back. It was after everyone left the women's part of the mosque that she started to recite the Qur'an.

She had been reciting for almost two hours so she decided make it be.

Finally after an hour, she paused.

She had no lectures that day so there was nothing to worry about except the one duty she had placed upon herself for the last five days.

Yes, it had been almost a week since the incident happened. She could remember vividly everything that occured and how her day ended. She couldn't sleep, not when she was left to worry about a total stranger with no identity whatsoever.

After she had dropped the voice message for Anwar, he heard it an hour later and rushed to the hospital without telling Farah. He knew his wife had a frail heart so he wouldn't say unless he makes sure everything was okay with their daughter.

When he arrived at the hospital, Nahla was still in tears. She wasted no time in running into his embrace as she knew she needed it more than anything else.

She explained to him every detail of the incident and pleaded for him not to mention it to her mother. She also didn't want to worry her because of that.

They called Farah and told her that they'll be together before they stayed by Zaeem's side all day long.

When it was night, Anwar dropped Nahla off at home and went back to the hospital to spend the night there, not before buying some food for himself and the patient Incase he'd wake up.

Nahla told her mother that Anwar had to travel out of town urgently. When she called him, he lied about having to take care of some work in Lebanon.

Since then, Nahla would go visit the hospital everyday, if not twice then trice a day. She would sneak her father's clothes and some snacks out of the house to the hospital for Anwar.

All those while, Zaeem didn't wake up. They claimed that he slipped into coma.

Nahla had told Anwar to find a hired staff to take care of the patient but he said he doesn't trust anyone with him. He claimed that Zaeem has made a way to his heart without even trying.