17• Perilous storm

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

The siren sound was heard clearly as they drove the ambulance in full speed to the location of the incidence. The moment they arrived, they placed the patient on a gulley and wheeled him into the ambulance.

Yusra did the needful of checking the pulse and heart beat rate of the patient to detect how critical his condition was and when she figured it wasn't very serious, she heaved a sigh of relief

Yusra went ahead and gave the patient a first aid service by placing him on IV and some injections before she ordered the driver to drive them to the nearest hospital.

His condition wasn't critical and the location they picked him up from looked like he wasn't doing well so she decided they shouldn't take him to their hospital. It was a very far location from there.

As soon as they arrived, a doctor and two nurses approached them so Yusra started to explain just as protocols required her to.

"Age 36, blood pressure is 110 by 82, pulse rate is 51 and item is 20. There's a mild concussion but nothing else apart from that, I've administered an IV to him and also ESOI (Epidural Saline Oxygen injection)" Yusra explained.

"Toh, zamuyi maneji daga nan (we'll manage from here)" The doctor said before the nurses wheeled the patient into the hospital.

"That was rude!" One of the ambulance officials said looking at the way the nurses disappeared with the patient. "My thoughts exactly, you literally did most of the hard work for them but they didn't even acknowledge it" The other one said.

"Yeah I mean a thank you should do" The first one commented again.

But Yusra couldn't care less, she was used to not saying thank you and definitely not hearing other people say it to her so it was totally okay that they didn't show some appreciation. Besides, it's not like they'll meet again miraculously. Even if they did, they might not recognise each other.

"Let's go" Yusra said before she hopped into the ambulance. The officials also did the same before they drove out of the hospital.

They were halfway to the hospital when their driver received a call. He requested for one of the officials to pick it instead as he didn't want to pick a call while driving, he could easily get distracted.

The one who picked the call talked for a while with the person on the other line before he passed the phone to Yusra who collected unsure of what that meant.

"The call is for you" He said after noticing the confused expression on her face.

Yusra couldn't exactly understand why someone would look for her through the driver's phone but she very much knew it was possible because ever since she received the unfortunate news of Zaeem's disappearance, she had her phone off. She wanted to cut off everyone for the while and she did, being an ambulance official helped with that.