10• Hour glass

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

He watched as the pendulum bulb of his parlour clock swinged from left to right, to a point he almost got hypnotized. He would have, except for the fact that his mind wasn't on the pendulum bulb, it was elsewhere.

Given that it has been two days since he had learnt about his son's disappearance, it didn't favour his mental health

Given that it has been two days since he had learnt about his son's disappearance, it didn't favour his mental health. All he worried about for two nights straight was that.

He had no idea that Zaeem's disappearance would take that much toll on him until he was experiencing it. There was nothing as hard as baring all the burden by himself without sharing, it ate every single energy left in him.

He was exhausted of the feeling, exactly why he decided he would just reveal it to his family, or at least his wife. That way they'll share the burden and console each other.

With that intention in mind, he pulled out of his thoughts and headed for Hajiya Khadija's room where he was sure he would find her.

Chatters of a happy mother and daughter duo filled the living room while they folded some of Mimi's pieces of clothing. Mimi believed that to be one of the best ways to bond with her family so they grew learning to fold clothes that didn't need ironing.

The two knew they haven't had a comforting and blissful conversation in a long while so they tried their best to live in the moment and had it engraved in their hearts.

"But honestly Mimi, you could have chose better. I am pretty sure Abbu wasn't rich when you married him neither was he handsome" Haifa remarked. "Sure you've heard about a thing called love" Mimi replied. "Sure I have but I thought everyone during your time was arranged?" Haifa asked. "Not everyone, we fell in love way before the wedding" Mimi replied as she kept another folded night gown beside her on the carpeted floor, the last one.

"Ah! Where pesin fit find dis kin love these days?" Haifa asked with a dreamy smile that lingered on her face, that got her a light smack on her shoulder