The Other Tarts

~In the Kingdom of Ooo, there is a galaxy of flavors, but only one taste sensation is amazing enough to kill for—the Royal tart. Royal tarts are very rare. They are only eaten at the most sacred gathering in Ooo—the annual Back-Rubbing Ceremony. The tart is so legendary that countless thieves will risk their lives for just one bite~

Princess Bubblegum gestures a hand chopping across her neck. "Our heads will be decapitated if the tarts don't make it to the ceremony. I only trust one guy to deliver them... the Royal Tart Toter." She then presented a small picture of a tall Gingerbread man.

"Whoa!" The three heroes gasped while they stared at the photo.

Jake covered his mouth in awe. "He's magnificent!" He commented.

Bubblegum sighed while shaking her head. "He used to be, but he's gone mad and old. So he can't deliver the tarts anymore. Cinnamon Bun offered to fill the position, but he's kind of..." She looked around before leaning forward to whisper. "Half-baked."

Cinnamon Bun, one of Y/n's favorite candy citizens, was about to stand on his head. "Hey, Princess! Here I go!" He started to grunt while doing a headstand before moving his arms around. "I'm stuck."

"Princess, let us deliver the tarts." Finn offered.

Bubblegum raised a brow. "Are you sure Finn? This is really important." She emphasized her words to show how important these tarts being transported was.

Finn grabbed her hand and suddenly got down on one knee. "Princess, I have never been more sure of anything in my whole life!" He started rubbing her on his face.

Y/n's face dropped while she tried not to laugh. She turned away and tried helping Cinna-Bun get up. "I'll do anything it takes to keep you alive and safe. We won't let you down."

She slowly pulled her hand away from his grip. "Well... I accept your offer." She was hesitant with her words which made Y/n raise a brow.

Bubblegum led them to the factory where multiple tarts were being looked over by Jelly Bean workers. "Welcome to the Tartorium!"

The boys gasped while getting closer to the glassed walls. "Wow. They're so beautiful."

Prince Gumball suddenly appeared and pushed their wandering hands away from the glass. "Those are the reject tarts, full of imperfections." He snapped quickly. He looked absolutely exhausted. His usually perfect hair was spilt and it looked melted. Dark bags appeared under his eyes.

"These are the perfect tarts..." He pulled up a safety bag that held floating tarts that practically glimmered. "Safely packed into one of our anti-gravity tote chambers." He kissed the container in a way that made Y/n touch his shoulder. He flinched and hugged the capsule tighter.

Y/n pulled her hand away before fixing his hair. "Yo, Bubba, you don't look so good..." She then cupped his face. "What's up?"

He avoided her eye contact nervously. "Sorry, sorry. I just... stayed up this entire week to make the perfect tarts..." His words slurred around while his body was almost giving out.

"You poor thing..." Y/n pouted her lip gently before she took the chamber out of his arms. "Give it up, Bub, we got this." He failed to grab after the chamber and instead slouched over. "Get some rest, the celebration won't be happening for a few hours."

Finn saw that Y/n successfully got the chamber in her hands. "Tote sweet!" He cheered while she handed it over to Finn to hold.

"Now, I want you to tote those tarts through that tunnel." Bubblegum pulled out a pink holo-pendant which showed a map of the path. "The Royal Tart Path takes you directly to the Royal Congressional Hall in the Bad Lands. The path is really safe and well-protected, but keep your eyes open for any sign of danger, okay?" She warned them sternly.