The Real You

While walking through the candy forest, Finn whistled while Jake attempted to. No sound came out since he was just blowing air. Y/n shook her head at his attempt. "No no, like this." She formed her lips to make a round opening before she let out a beautiful whistle.

Jake inhaled deeply before trying again, but he again failed. Finn quickly moved his tray away. "Careful! You'll wreck my gift for Princess Bubblegum."

"Whoops." Jake looked apologetic. "Hey, what's it supposed to be, anyway?" He asked, raising a brow.

Finn sighed. "It's... a scale model of the Candy Kingdom, made out of my saliva!" He then continues to try and finish up the build. Y/n took a lot of steps away from Finn and his... gift.

"Yuck..." She stuck her tongue out in disgust.

Jake hummed a little while nodding his head. "...Sooo this means you wanna give 'er your spit, huh?" He teasingly asked.

"Yup!" Finn proudly smiled before his eyes widened in realization. "HEY, NO—" He tried to count

"It's okay, dude. I totally get it. Haw haw haw." He chuckled loudly while also continuing to tease Finn.

" I just wanted to give 'er somethin', uh... to celebrate her science... thing." His voice trailed off when he completely forgot the name of the event they were going to.

Y/n looked over at the two. "You mean the Super Science Barbecue?" She asked lazily while raising a brow.

Finn held up the tray more. "You think it's science-y enough for 'er?" He asked.

Jake patted his back gently. "Relax. She'll love it!" He then snickered to himself. "And then she'll love you. Heh heh heh..."

"Wha?!" Finn's eyes widened, clearly hearing what Jake said.

Y/n then pointed up ahead. "Hey, there's Bubblegum!" Her pace quickened so she could meet up with the Princess. The pink woman was dumping charcoal onto the grill with Flambo standing by

"Hide it behind your back, man!" Jake warned Finn, which the boy quickly did.

Y/n started to jog before slowing down. She waved at the Princess with a smile on her face. "Hi, Peebs!" She greeted her

Bubblegum turned to face them, a smile on her face while she fed Flambo a piece of charcoal. "Oh. Hi, guys! Just gettin' the grill cookin' for tonight's BBQ!" She smiled at them.

Finn had a dopey look on his face as he got closer to Bubblegum. He let out a gasp which prompted her to look his way. She noted that he had something in his hands. "What's that you got behind your back there, Finny?" She asked gently.

"Oh, I... I made you somethin'." Finn's face started to glow red while he shuffled his feet around. His words continued to stutter while Bubblegum smiled at him, her head tilting to the side.

"Really? Can I scope it?" She asked.

Finn gulped before nodding his head. "Yes. Close your eyes." He instructed her.

Bubblegum slowly closed her eyes while leaning to his level. "A'ight."

Finn held the tray up to her level so she could see the full display. "Get ready to open your eyes!"

Before Finn could tell her to look, Bubblegum sneezed which destroyed the display. Finn stared in horror as it was now just the pink tray. "Can I open my eyes?" She asked, a smile still on her face.

Finn started to panic. "No, wait, uh, keep 'em closed for, like, three more hours!!" He stuttered. He attempted to create another spit-bubble replica, but Y/n held his mouth shut to make him stop.