It Came From The Nightosphere

Y/n leaned back against the cushioned couch, a recorder in her lap. Finn stood in the middle of the room while Marceline stood off to the side, her ax in hand. "Thanks for helping me record guys." She nodded, plucking a string to tune it.

"No problem, Marceline." Finn shrugged in response.

Marceline brought her ax up, readying her fingers. "Now, I'm gonna sing something really personal, so don't laugh at me." She blushed a bit at the confession.

Finn chuckled "I would never dream of it... m'lady." He mockingly bowed.

Y/n shut the panel on the bottom of the machine, putting in a new set of batteries. "Now, start a slow beat, and keep it steady, or it'll mess up everything." Marceline pointed at Finn with a firm arm.

"You got it!" He nodded. He wet his lips before starting to beat Box. Y/n pressed the recording button and gave the two a thumbs up, indicating that she was ready for them to start the song.

Marceline plucked a cord and started to sing.

🎶 Daddy, why did you eat my fries?
I bought them and they were mine🎶

🎶But you ate them, yeah, you ate my fries
And I cried, but you didn't see me cry🎶"

As Marceline continued to sing, she glanced up at the ceiling, feeling her emotions slowly spilling out. Finn started to glance around worriedly, really listening in on her lyrics.

Y/n pressed her lips together and she shrunk down, now feeling bummed out by the 'family drama'.

🎶Daddy, do you even love me?
Well I wish you would show it
Because I wouldn't know it🎶

🎶What kind of dad eats his daughter's fries
And doesn't even look her in the eyes?🎶

As the verse came to an ending, Finn slowed down his beatboxing before stopping completely. He let out a heavy sigh as Marceline jumped back into reality.

"Huh? Finn, you messed the beat up!" She scolded him. Y/n pressed the button to stop the recording. She stood up, putting the recorder in her bag.

Finn now bummed out, tried to reassure his friend. "Marceline, if you're thinkin' about your dad so much, then... why don't you go see 'im?" He asked.

Marceline huffed while strumming her ax "He's not worth the effort." She shrugged.

"Not worth what effort?" Y/n asked, a brow raised.

Marceline just huffed out a sigh. "Well... first, I'd have to draw a circle with a happy face in the center and then... uh... douse it with bug milk." She explained, tuning a cord. Finn perked up hearing her explanation. He quickly grabbed a marker from his bag and started to draw on her wall.

The drawing was very.... unusual, but it was a happy face nonetheless. "Oh, yeah?!" He asked, rushing off to her kitchen. Y/n quickly stood, knowing what he was doing. Marceline was ignoring everything that he was doing, just thinking it was background noise as she tuned her ax.

Finn came back with the milk and he tossed the carton onto it.  Some of the milk splashed Y/n, making her gag. The marker lines absorbed the milk and some surrounding milk that had landed on Y/n. The girl backed up as the lines started to glow a bit. "Finn..." She cautiously began to say before Finn covered her mouth to listen to Marceline.

"And then you're supposed to chant something like 'Maloso vobiscum et cum spiritum.'" The lines started to glow more as Y/n watched in horror. "But... I-I don't really wanna see him. I'm still mad about the thing with the fries." Marceline turned and noticed the partial forming on her wall.