Chapter 13

"Why, why are you here now, Nagi?!"

These were the thoughts that ran through Yuuki's head as he saw his best friend ready to attack. Himari and Yuuki had this plan as a last ditch effort, it even threw Yachiho off guard. Yet right now, the only one who saw through them was Nagisa. The moment the two boys locked eyes with each other, they already knew what needed to be done. They needed to win for their partner's sake.

Suddenly a bright light and smoke emerged from Yuuki's body as he undid his transformation as he was back to being human. During this time, Nagisa thrusts his katana as fast as he could at the ground. But before anything else could happen, Yachiho had already finished her pose.

 But before anything else could happen, Yachiho had already finished her pose

She didn't have the time to hesitate

She didn't have the time to hesitate. Soon Yachiho fired two bullets into Yuuki's right arm and three behind him. Just as her ability was about to end, she realized she made one fatal error. When she looked at Nagisa, she saw the boy's blade wasn't aiming for Yuuki but at the ground. Before she could even try to shoot where Nagisa was aiming, it was too late.

As time began to resume, the following events happened in an instant. Yuuki was blown back from being shot by Yachiho. Yachiho, herself, felt her neck being shot. When she looked down, she saw Himari had slid on the ground in the smoke while shooting Yachiho with a gun of her own that she was carrying this whole time. However, the most surprising thing to have happened wasn't Himari landing the finishing blow.

"Dammit........if only I was a second faster...."

A few inches. Just a few inches away from her right arm, Himari saw Nagisa's sword stabbed into the ground. If Nagisa was a bit faster or had started his attack sooner, things might've been different. If Yachiho had trusted in Nagisa a bit more, she probably would've shot where he was aiming at sooner. But none of these things happened, this was the reality they were met with. Soon Yachiho fell onto the ground as she was too exhausted from using her ability so much and not having the strength to continue. Seeing the result, Ginna soon declared the winners of the first match.

"We have a winner!!!!! In the battle between two sisters of the Azuma family, Himari is the victor. Team Seven wins the first match."

As the Seventh Unit celebrated their first victory, Kyouka looked at her two subordinates with a proud look on her face. Using the smoke and light from the transformation's release was a great plan and they understood the ability well. Meanwhile, Tenka and Sahara were shocked to see Yachiho and Nagisa lose. Soon Ginna walked up to the fighters as she held out her hands.