Chapter 27

Just as Nagisa was prepared to attack, he shielded his eyes as a great gust of wind was blowing. When he was finally able to see, he saw Jouryuu flying in the air with Naon and Koko in hand. Just as he was about to jump and attack, he swiftly began to evade several snakes that were lunging at him. Shikoku merely smiled as she turned to Jouryuu.

"You can take those two back, we got what we needed. Not only that, that one-horned shuuki looks strong. I want to see how it does against a chief."

Hearing this, Jouryuu simply flew off as Shikoku stood in place. However, just as she was about to watch Kyouka and Yuuki fight Kidomaru, she was suddenly kicked in the gut and sent flying. The moment her back hit the wall, she was suddenly stabbed in her abdomen with a broken sword. When she looked up, she saw Nagisa staring at her with disgust.

"Not even considering me a challenge will be your downfall. This is for my sister."

As Nagisa said this, he took his broken sword out of Shikoku's abdomen as he tried to attack again. However, the boy quickly jumped back as he narrowly escaped being bitten by a few of Shikoku's snakes. Meanwhile, Shikoku looked at Nagisa with a bit of confusion. It almost felt like she saw the boy before. Not during the attack on the seventh unit, but even further back than that.

"Black Spiral."

Once again, Shikoku manifested a black sphere in-between her hands as Nagisa was being pulled towards her. The moment he got close, Shikoku gently caressed Nagisa's face as she looked at him closely. Soon she began to remember something. A girl who shared his features that was suppose to be the mate of Mahoraga.

"You...no way. You're Tomioka's little brother! No wonder you two look so similar. From hair, to eyes, to how you look when my hands caress you. You even shared the same expression she wore before her wedding."

Just as Shikoku said this, she felt her legs getting swept as she lands on the ground. Shortly afterwards, Nagisa jumped into the air to avoid a few snakes from biting him. As he lands to the ground, he took a deep breath and exhaled.

"She's only trying to rile me up and create an opening. Right now, i'm only dominating this fight for two reasons. One, she's underestimating me due to me being a man without any abilities. The second, she believes I can only fight with my sword. It may look like i'm having an easy time, but i'm giving it my all. If I do anything less, i'll be in a bad position."

Suddenly Nagisa dashed towards Shikoku with great speed. The moment she saw the boy in front of her, Shikoku noticed how Nagisa was spinning his body. The shuuki readied herself to catch a kick, but to her surprise, Nagisa didn't kick her at all. The boy had actually slammed his left foot on top of hers to keep her from moving. In one fell swoop, Nagisa cut the shuuki's neck with his broken katana to the point it drew blood.

Shikoku kicked Nagisa away with her right leg as her wound was recovering. With a smirk on his face, Nagisa simply flicks his broken sword again as he then aims it at Shikoku.

"That was my first attempt. You still got seven left to go."

~With Yuuki~
With a loud roar, Kidomaru thrusts its right fists towards Yuuki. Seeing this, Yuuki gathered his strength into his right fist as he slams it against Kidomaru's. The moment Yuuki's fist came into contact with Kidomaru's, the one-horned shuuki was the one that ended up with a shattered hand. As this happened, Kyouka was clenching her sword tightly as she was on Yuuki's back.

"Are you angry, One-Horn. Too bad, because my anger is a hundred times greater and it's going wild!"

"GOOOOAAAAAA!!!!!!!"