Chapter 43

"Is Nagi-chan okay? We haven't seen him in a month."

Sahara sighed as she was a bit concerned. Truth be told, Yachiho was also a bit worried about him. She knew he was off training, but to be gone for this long without contact was concerning. Just as Yachiho stood up, she noticed a portal opening up inside the living area of the Sixth Unit base. The moment her and Sahara went to the area to greet Tenka, they saw the woman who accompanied her.

"It's been a while, Yachiho. I hope you've been doing your duties as vice chief."

"Mother?! What are you doing here?!"

"Simple, the Azuma Banquet will begin soon. After seeing the First Unit's change of chief, mother thought it was time for the Azuma to head to a new era. Normally I would succeed her as her daughter, but there, the strength of an Azuma will be the determining factor. It will be held in five days, we'll be taking days off to gather in the Azuma Residence. I already told the other chiefs of each unit about this."

"Is that all you came here to tell me about? If so, can you just leave?"

"Well, there is a special anomaly being involved in this banquet. It's mostly due to mother's interest and her making a deal with the man known as Bang."

Soon Fubuki began to explain what the anomaly was all about. Yachiho clenched her fists at this reveal the moment it escaped her mother's lips. This wasn't fair by any means necessary. After watching Fubuki leave, Yachiho merely sat down next to Sahara.

"What's wrong Yachi?"

"It seems our junior got caught up in a family matter."

~Azuma Estate~