Chapter Two

It had been hours since the phone call from Efe telling his brother he had made it to the airport in time, and Carolina was coming home with him. Kadir couldn't have been  happier. 

      Kadir had been pacing back and forth on the beach since that phone call. What was going to happen,... what was Efe going to do about Paola. Maybe it would be up to him to find out what Paola was up too. 

     He had never cared for Paola that much and he knew that Efe was not in love with her. Even though he had, "been with her"  for several years, Kadir was quick to see that his brother was never going to settle for just one woman....at least not back then..

      Paola and Efe's relationship had always been rocky. Efe never hid the fact that if he wanted to see other women,...he would. There had been many heated discussions about that fact over the years. But Paola always gave in, willing to do what ever it took to stay with Efe...even if it meant she would have to share him.

      And now here he was, back from their adventure of a lifetime, and he brought back the one thing that Paola hated most.... The woman he was going to marry. Kadir didn't believe for a minute that Paola was pregnant with Efe's child. Paola was desperate, nothing more than that, and he may have to be the one to expose her little scheme..

      Sanem was still up, fidgeting about in their bedroom. " Can where is he. They have had plenty of time to make it back here from the airport. Do you think they are arguing...I hope not." Sanem blabbered, as she stopped to look at the window. 

      Can was pretending to read a book as he laid in bed, " My dear, please calm down. I'm sure they are talking things over. Don't worry so much, Efe and Carolina are very much in love and they will work it out." He spoke quietly, trying to calm his wife.

      She watched Kadir from the window, " Kadir is still out there waiting for them. See he's worried too." Sanem snipped, turning to look at Can. He laid the book down across his chest, "Babe, of course he is, we are all worried, but you have to give Efe time to process what just happened." He said, patting the bed next to him, motioning to Sanem to join him.

      Sanem wrinkled up he face, " I know, but how can you be so calm. Aren't you upset with Paola  coming here like that just to ruin Efe's life." She said as she crawled in the bed next to her husband. 

      She snuggled up close to him, and he wrapped his arm around her, " It will work out my love. I'm sure of it." He assured her, as he rolled over toward her and pulled her up against his body. "Now,...I think I need a little attention from the sexiest grandmother around." He joked, as he nibbled on her ear.

      Sanem slapped at him with her free hand, " Grandmother, is that what you said. You are terrible, just terrible." She hissed through her gritted teeth. " I'll show you a grandmother." She said, as she swung her leg over his body and climbed on top. 

      Can smiled, " Yes, please do. I can't wait." He replied. Sanem leaned down kissing his chest playfully, " I hope you will be ok, I wouldn't want to hurt you grandpa." She whispered, as she ran her tongue along his chest. 

      She could already feel his uneven breathing as she maneuvered her half naked body along his body. She stopped and sat upright on top of him, reaching for the bottom of Can's old t-shirt that had become her favorite sleep shirt, to pull it off over her head. 

      He instantly sucked in his breath, just anticipating the revealing of her body,..a body that still ignited a fire inside him like nothing else could..

      When they heard Kadir's voice call out for them from the beach....." Mom, dad,...Efe and Carolina are here, come quick." Sanem stopped, " Can they're here. Sorry this will have to wait...maybe later." She blurted out, giving him a quick peck on the lips as she climbed from on top of him.

      Can relaxed his tensed body and let out his pent up breath, " Hmm, I suppose it will have too. But don't think I'm going to forget about it." He snapped, as he watched her grab her robe and head out the door.

      " Kids...when do you ever get them raised." He mumbled underneath his breath. Can slid his tank top on and followed his wife out the door and down the hallway.

      Kadir gave his brother a big hug, " Hey, I was getting worried about you. Glad you're home." he stated. He looked toward Carolina, but she looked away in embarrassment, " And I'm glad you're here too. I was afraid Efe wouldn't make it to the airport in time." He told her, as he wrapped his arms around her, giving her a heartfelt hug.

      She smiled, " Thank you Kadir. I'm a little embarrassed about the way I acted, but your brother convinced me to come back." She muttered, clearly relieved. Kadir had always made her feel like she was welcomed, like he approved of her, and meant a lot to her. 

      Sanem rushed out the door to greet them, " Oh son I'm glad you're back, and you too Carolina. I was glad Efe caught you before you left." She said with a sincere smile. She hugged her tightly, " These Divit men are relentless you know. When they find someone they want and love they don't let go." Sanem whispered quietly in Carolina's ear as she hugged her.

      Carolina returned the hug as she closed her eyes and listened to the words that Sanem was telling her. " Thank you Mrs. Divit..... I hope you don't think badly of me for running away." She muttered.

      Sanem leaned back, looking at her, " No honey, not at all. What happened here today would have made anyone run away. But I'm glad you were willing to listen to Efe." 

      Carolina felt an instant bond with this woman. Efe had told her many times how understanding and unique his mother was, and she was seeing it first hand..

      Samen laughed, " One day I will tell you about how Can and I got to this point in our lives. It hasn't always been easy but.... It has always been right. When you know you have found the right person for you....everything else just doesn't matter as much." She spoke, her eyes glistening with love...

      Efe leaned down and gave his mom a kiss, " Thank you. And I'm sorry for what happened. I will make it right, trust me. But I have to know if she is truly pregnant with my child." He stated firmly, looking at Carolina with love. 

      Can stepped forward, " We will find out for sure. And I don't doubt for one moment that you won't do the right thing. But we have to be careful, I think that Paola could be dangerous. There's nothing worse than a woman that feels she had been wronged in a relationship." He replied.

      He couldn't help but think back on the problems that he and Sanem had been through at the hand of those other women....

      How much they had suffered.... how much Sanem had suffered because of one of those women not knowing when a relationship was over.... He didn't want that for either of them....