Chapter Five

Can watched out the door as Efe and Carolina sat on the beach. Efe was explaining to her that he would have to meet up with Paola to talk. " Carrie, I have to do this. It's the only way, and I have to do it alone." He spoke softly, as he held her firmly against his body.

    Carolina felt as if she was already losing him, " I can come with you. I want to come with you. Maybe then Paola will see how much we love each other....and that she,..she,...she not going to trick you into being with her." She mumbled through the tears. 

     Can could tell his son was having a hard time convincing Carolina of what he had to do. He wanted nothing more than to go find Paola himself and settle the whole business. But he knew he couldn't. 

      " So, I know what you want to do. You want to fix this...you want it to all go away. But you have to let Efe fix this my love." Sanem told him, as she walked up behind him, slipping her arms around him.

      Can grasped onto her hands, " Yes, that's exactly what I want to do, but I know I can't. I just hope that Efe is strong enough to accept what might be." He explained.

      Sanem kissed him on the shoulder, " I have no doubt about either of them. They love each other, and nothing will change that,...not even a child." She stated with confidence..

      Efe kissed Carolina on the forehead, " I would never let her trick me. You can be sure of that. I'll get to the bottom of this, I promise. And then.... you and I are going to have the best wedding ever...right here on this beach." He announced, as he caressed her face... wiping that single tear from her cheek.

      She smiled and closed her eyes, " I'm holding you to that Mr. Divit. There's nothing I want more than just that." She whispered, as if she were making a wish.

      She stood quickly, " Ok, go...find her and make this all go away. I will be waiting for you right here." She said waving her hands to shoo him away.

     Efe laughed, " I'll be back as soon as I can. Mom will keep you company until I get back. Just don't forget how much I love you." He muttered softly, then he gave her a long passionate kiss.

      She watched him as he drove out of the driveway and headed to town, her feelings swirling around inside her like a hurricane. 

      " Don't worry Carolina, he would never let anything happen to hurt you....that I  know for sure." Kadir said as he stepped up behind her. " And just so you know, I will be watching him, just in case he needs some help. I have some tricks of my own to play.... We'll see how far Paola is willing to go." He smirked, giving her a gentle hug.

      Carolina wasn't sure what he meant, but before she had a chance to ask he bolted off to his motorcycles and, " Wait Kadir, hey...what are you going to do. Kadir...." She yelled after him, but he was already headed out the driveway.

      Can and Sanem knew that if anyone could help Efe, it would be his brother. Kadir was the only person that Efe would allow, or trust, to intrude into his problems. Sanem smiled, " Well let's keep Carolina occupied while the boys are gone. I don't think they will need us right now."

      Can nodded, " I think you're right. But I do think that Carolina will need us." He said, giving her a wink as he headed out to the beach.

       Carolina watched as both of the brothers disappeared down the highway toward town. She wasn't sure what Efe would do when he found Paola, but there's one thing for sure, she wasn't about to stand by and watch Paola tear them apart.

      " Good morning my dear." Sanem said, walking beside her. " Don't worry, Efe has a good head on his shoulders, and he won't do anything to jeopardize your relationship.. You have to trust him." She spoke very quietly to her as if she didn't want anyone else to hear. 

      Sanem slipped her arm around Carolina, " Now I will tell you that Can does make the best crepes I have ever eaten. I don't think you had any breakfast yet this morning,...so let's go in and let him show off a little bit." She suggested, as headed her back toward the house....

      Can meet them at the courtyard, " There's nothing like a good breakfast to make the day. They will be back before you know it." He said, giving her a nod. He opened the door for Carolina and Sanem to enter with a smile on his face.... But he was more worried than he wanted either of them to know.

       Efe had time to think about what he wanted to say to Paola as he drove into town. He wasn't about to let her take control. He would have to stand his ground, things would be done his way.

       He knew she would be a work this morning, so he made his way to that small boutique in the center of town. It was one of the best places for the tourist to shop, and Paola was know to be one of the best sales clerk when it came to suggestive buying. 

      With the look of a model, and the fashion sense for the high end designs, she had made this boutique a must shop destination with the tourists.... 

      He parked nearby and headed to the shop, hoping that there wouldn't be a flurry of activity at this time of the morning. But even if there was, he was determined to have this talk with her.  

      Efe stopped and looked inside before opening to door to enter. "Good, it doesn't look busy...maybe this won't take long and I can get back home to Carrie"...he thought, as he opened the door and ventured inside.

      There was only one lady shopping when he entered. The jingling of the bell when he opened the door alerted Paola in the back. " Hi, I'll be right with you. Just browse for a minute and I'll be right there." She called out from the back.

      Efe decided not to respond, as he positioned himself at the end of the counter by the register, just waiting for her to show herself. 

      The only shopper in the store had decided to move on to the next store, leaving Efe alone, waiting for Paola to come out of the storeroom. The curtain swung back and Paola hurried out,      " I'm sorry for the.... She started, then stopped abruptly. " Efe, what..what are you doing here?" She stuttered, as she flipped her long black over her shoulder. 

      Efe smirked, " Huh, like you didn't know I would be here today. We need to talk, and I need to get some answers." Efe scoffed, his face turning a slight shade of red.

      Paola positioned herself on the other side of the counter, wanting to keep her distance, " Well I don't have time for a conversation right now, but if you want to come for dinner tonight we can discussion anything you want." She said flirtatiously. 

      Efe took a deep breath, " Paola, I'm not coming for dinner, and we will discuss this now. I want to see proof from the doctor or a pregnancy test. That's all I want from you, then we will go from there." He announced, looking directly into her eyes.

      Paola felt the heat rise through her body, " Well I don't have either one of them here. They are at home. So you will have to come there to get what you need." 

      Efe stepped forward, " Paola, I don't want your games.....I just want proof that you are pregnant. And proof that it's even mine.....He spurted out at her, his eyes squinted and dark...

      "Oh it's no game my love, and you could bring your beloved Carolina along too...if she were here. I would love for her to see "the proof".......But she's not...

      Efe smiled devilishly, " Oh, I don't know where you get your info from,...but it couldn't be further from the truth. Carolina didn't go anywhere....she's at home with my parents." He announced, as he watched the blood drain from Paola's face...