CHAPTER 26

Hospital

TW: This chapter contains disturbing words about rape, assault, and guns. Please engage in self-care as you read this chapter.

"Silvestre, Maxwell Croisx, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering summa cum laude,"

I gave Croisx a loud applause as he received his diploma and medal on the stage. Gusto ko siyang i-cheer pero ayoko naman gumawa ng eksena. Also, I'm sitting next to his parents— Angelo and Zaimin Silvestre. I need to behave.

Croisx walked towards the side of the stage for his speech. He holds the microphone and looks at everyone. He found my gaze where I was sitting. I waved at him with a proud smile on my face. He reciprocated it.

I raised my phone and took a video of him while he was making his speech. I was so proud of him! I couldn't help but get teary eyes when he mentioned my name in the last line of his graduation speech.

On his speech, I was eulogized as one of his greatest inspiration.

When the ceremony is over, lumabas na kami ng family ni Croisx. My eyes flew to the bouquet I was holding. I bought a baby breath with purple roses since it symbolizes success for him. He was wearing his glasses naman, so makikita naman niya na purple 'yon at hindi blue.

"There he is!" his mom pointed somewhere.

Croisx's eyes brightened up when he spotted us. He walked towards us and immediately wrapped his arm around my back so that he could pull me for a hug.

"Congratulations, you make me so proud!" I jumped in excitement.

"Thank you, mi vida." I felt him kissing the top of my head as he hugged me tightly.

Napakurap-kurap ako nang magtama ang mga mata namin at kusa akong napapikit nang halikan niya ang noo ko. His right hand was still hugging me while the other was holding my cheeks.

"I love you." He whispered, placing another soft kiss on my forehead.

Sobrang lakas nang kabog ng dibdib ko lalo na noong bumaba ang halik ni Croisx sa labi ko. Napakapit ako sa braso niya dahil parang nanlambot bigla ang mga tuhod ko.

Kung hindi lang yata naubo ang daddy niya ay baka walang balak na tigilan ni Croisx ang labi ko. I push him lightly so he could hug his parents. Nang makaalis na si Croisx, doon lang unti-unting bumalik sa normal ang pagtibok ng puso ko.

I felt my cheeks seared up when his mom looked at me teasingly.

"Goodness, baby. I never knew you were that clingy," Tita Zaimin muttered, looking at Croisx.

I immediately looked away to avoid their eyes.

I secretly touch my chest and massage it gently. "God! Since I acknowledged my feelings for him, my heart couldn't stop beating rapidly!" My brain complained.

To celebrate, we ate in a five star hotel owned by the Silvestre. Hindi nga raw sila kompleto dahil wala ang kuya ni Croisx. Guess what? I just found out that Zachariah and Croisx are siblings! They don't even look alike!

Kung hindi lang pinakita ni Tita Zaimin ang picture nilang magkapatid, hindi ko malalaman.

In the late afternoon, sabay kaming umuwi ni Croisx sa Silvermoon Tower.

Pagkauwi namin sa unit niya, we went to his bedroom so he could change his clothes. As soon as he closed the door, he wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face on my neck. It was so comforting.

"I'm so proud of you," I whispered, caressing his back.

"Thank you, babe." He slightly lifted his head to give me a soft kiss. I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer.