CHAPTER 12

Drunk

     TODAY is the event for the business club where my parents are members. In addition, today was also the third day of my period. I have the worst mood swings and appetite. Luckily, my cramps subsided on the second day.

My heels reverberated the floor as I walk through the hallway wearing my champagne halter neckline dress that I paired with my silver rhinestone high heels. My legs are showing because my gown has a slit, highlighting my long and delicate legs.

My hair was styled into a low bun with two strands in front of my head. On my face is a soft glam make up look that highlights my best features.

My entrance into the Silvermoon Hotel drew attention because I was the only young lady there. Everyone is in their 50s to 80's. This is the perfect social event for women who are looking for a sugar daddy.

I continued walking until I spotted my parents, who both looked dashing in their attire. Mom looks elegant and regal with her mauve off-shoulder ruffled sheath flowy dress. While the elusive Captain Pilot and Chairman of Areno midways, my father looks extra handsome with his Armani three-piece suit.

I gave Mommy a peck on the cheeks when I reached their table. Then to Dad, who is talking with his fellow businessmen. I gave a respectful bow and smiled at everyone at the table.

"Have a sweet, hija," Mom spoke while Dad pulled a chair for me.

I sat beside Mom, and on my left side was a man who seemed the same age as me. He's chinito and has a clean-cut hairstyle. We gave each other a courtesy smile.

"Is my presence really needed here, Mom?" I asked as I surveyed the ocean of people.

"Yes, darling. So, behave lang tayo," Mom murmured.

The event was made for the wealthy businessmen in the country. I am not familiar with each of their faces, but I am familiar with their last name. Three of the Sy siblings were here. The Zobel de Ayala, Gokongwei, Consunji, Tan, and Razon were also present. Paniguradong may mga hindi ako nabanggit na mas mayaman at mas malaki ang net worth. Damn. There's plenty of rich fish here!

"Is this your youngest? She looks beautiful," bati ng isa sa mga kausap ni Daddy. If I am not mistaken, he's Ramon Ang, the president and vice chairman of San Miguel Corporation.

"She is in the middle, Ramon. She's a flight attendant and also a model. I'm expecting her to take over Areno midway when I retire," Dad muttered proudly.

Hilaw akong ngumiti. Rowing is not an option right now. I need to act like a classy, high-maintenance daughter of the eighth wealthiest businessman in the country right now.

"She looks familiar to me. Isn't she the face of your Airlines, Kristoff?" Lance Gokongwei, the president and CEO of JG Summit Holdings, spoke.

And as far as I know, JG Holdings owns the rival airlines of Areno!

Lance Gokongwei looked over me. "You're beautiful, hija. No wonder Areno midways have dominated the market share for the last months," he praised.

The men at our table laugh. I let out a chuckle just to show that I am not a spoilsport. 

"You should date my nephew, Charles." He stated and pointed to the person beside me. Our eyes met, but he abruptly looked away.

My lips formed a fake smile. "I am a career woman, Sir. I'm focusing on my career at the moment," I answered politely to Lance Gokongwei.

"As far as I remember, Angelo Silvestre has two sons, right? Even the Del Fierro, Montemayor and Consunji have a lot of sons." Wilfred Uytengsu Jr, the owner of Alaska milk corporation, butted in.