CHAPTER 27

International Supermodel

EVERY day is a new beginning. As long as you're alive, you always have the chance to start again. . .

"Khrizanta, you're up," a staff member said and gestured me to get ready.

I inhaled and exhaled before I walked towards the side of the stage, waiting for my time to go up on the stage. When one of the models is about to exit the catwalk, I know it's my cue to come up.

It feels so good to be back on the runway.

I walked on the runway with confidence and poise like I always do. The movements of my arms and my hips were perfectly in sync. I turned around to show everyone the white angel wings I was wearing. The wings compliment my white lace brassiere and white Brazilian lace underwear. My brunette hair was curled, and my make-up was a combination of dewy and sultry.

This is my second time in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I debuted last year as one of the newest Victoria's Secret angels.

Finally, I reached my dream. I became a model. Not just an ordinary model, but I'm the highest-paid model in the the new generation models. I'm one of the supermodels who owns the catwalk in every show.

I signed a contract under IMG modeling agency. Some of my model friends, like Gigi and Bella were also under the said agency. I am one of the models they call the Powerhouse model because of my skills on the catwalk and because a lot of brands wanted to collaborate with me.

I didn't smile and kept my eyes straight at the crowd before turning back and continuing walking. My first walk went smoothly. Noong makabalik sa backstage ay saka lang ako nakahinga ng maayos.

As soon as I'm back inside the waiting area, the make up artist hurriedly went to me and retouched my make up.

"Khrizanta, you'll be the last model to walk on the runway," one of the staff said.

I nodded. "All right,"

When it was my time to go on the catwalk, I silently prayed not to make a mistake. I took a deep breath before I began to do my signature walk. I did the same process from earlier.

I walked with poise, confidence, and elegance. This time, a smile crept on my lips as I continued to walk.

My smile widened when my hair perfectly flipped when I did a slow-mo twirl. Because of my successful walk, I did a flying kiss and a wink at the camera before walking back.

But before I left the stage, I caught a pair of eyes staring intently at me without blinking. I glance at him through my peripheral vision and saw a towering man with the most beautiful midnight gray eyes I had ever seen.

Nasa akin ang buong atensyon niya, sa akin lang.

I only looked away when I reached the end of the stage, where the waiting area located is. But before I thoroughly headed to the backstage, I peeked at him, and to my surprise, he was still staring at me like he knew I was also staring at him!

My heart skipped a beat the moment our eyes met. I panicked. I immediately looked away with my heartbeat racing like I ran in a marathon. Fuck.

As soon as I was back in the waiting area, all of my team came to greet me. Pati ang mga kapwa ko modelo ay binati ako.

"That was amazing! I couldn't get enough of your signature walk!" Fatima, one of the creative directors of the show, praised me.

"You always do great on the runway! No wonder you're the highest-paid model," Rowan, one of my personal makeup artists, said.