Chapter One : Welcome Home

"Sabrina? Sabrina, wake up!"

Sabrina Lewis opened her eyes and stretched, feeling her muscles tighten as raised them above her head. She looked up to see Anne Sallow standing above her, a familiar mischievous grin adorning her face. "Did you have a nice nap?" Anne asked.

Sabrina sat up, instinctively looking around her small cottage before looking back at Anne. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Anne shrugged. "You were talking in your sleep."

At this, Sabrina felt a chill go through her as the pleasant dream she had came back to her. She had found herself walking along the shore of the Black Lake with a certain blonde boy on her arm, his eyes as blue and cloudy as the sky itself as they fixated on her. She had said something that made him smile, a rarity on his face, and she couldn't help but smile back before they found themselves leaning closer to each other. And if she imagined it hard enough, she could even feel his breath against her face and his soft lips against hers.

That was when Anne woke her up.

Sabrina frowned, her face reddening before she got off the couch and immediately began changing into her school uniform upstairs, avoiding her friends' gaze. Anne was already in her emerald and silver uniform and excitedly followed her friend around as she got ready.

"Oh, come on!" Anne told her. "I know how much you like him."

"I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"You know if you dream about them, it means they were thinking of you." Anne sighed, dreamily. "Oh, I wonder what he dreams of —"

"Anne, we've been over this. Ominis doesn't like me in that manner." Sabrina had changed her skirt and vest by now, not bothering to ask Anne to leave the room.

"How do you know? Have you asked him?"

"Where is Sebastian?"

Anne could tell her friend was trying to change the subject, and decided for the moment to let her. "Picking up Ominis at the train station. It should be arriving soon. I told him we would meet them at the castle."

Hogwarts. Sabrina put down her hairbrush and felt her chest warm at the thought of returning, and how a year ago she had departed from her sad and miserable life at a London orphanage to come and start her magical journey and education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

So much had happened in that year. Sabrina had learned when she first arrived at the castle that she was able to wield and see traces of an ancient magic that had been dormant for centuries. She had also learned that her ancestor, Isidora Morganach, had used her ancient magic to take pain from others and she had placed the magic in a repository to keep and use its power. A man named Victor Rookwood had been in league with a goblin named Ranrok, and together they had been trying to find the repository for their own selfish means. They hadn't anticipated Sabrina, however, and after completing many trials set up by four 'Keepers', she was able to stop them and destroy the repository before they could use it.

Sabrina had also learned about her parents, Theodore Lewis and Minerva Reese, and had learned they too could also see this magic. Theodore had disappeared when Sabrina was very young, and Minerva had given her to the orphanage in London as a precaution to keep Sabrina safe from Rookwood and Ranrok. Minerva had passed away before she could return for her daughter, and Sabrina had spent nearly all summer trying to find any information on her fathers' whereabouts with no luck.

And now, here Sabrina was getting ready to start the school year as a sixth year student. And soon she would be seeing all of her friends like Poppy, Natty, and Sebastian.