Chapter Thirty : Reunion

Aurelia felt Anne slip into her bed before she even opened her eyes the next morning.

"You know, that doorknob needs to come up with harder riddles," Anne whispered to her as she pulled the blankets on top of them. A moment later, Anne's arms were wrapped around Aurelia's small waist as she nuzzled. "Anyone smart enough could just come waltzing right inside and steal you from me."

Aurelia giggled before she also buried her face in the crook of Anne's neck. "I wish I didn't have to go."

Anne pulled her closer. "I thought your family was coming to visit?"

"They are. My Mexican relatives have not made the trip to Belfast since my parents got married, and according to Mama it wasn't exactly a calm get together."

Aurelia felt Anne smile against her, but for a moment she didn't say anything. "Don't take them for granted," she said finally. "You're very fortunate to have such a large family."

Being with Anne had made Aurelia understand just how lucky she actually was. As much as she complained about her family, Anne had expressed many times to be thankful she had a family to complain about. Aurelia sighed before whispering again. "I wish you could come with me."

"Does your family know about us?"

"No. But that's what would make it fun."

Anne chuckled. "I miss you already."

Aurelia leaned over and gave her girlfriend a lazy kiss. Anne's lips were so sweet and cold against her own. "I'll write to you every day," she promised. "And you'll have to tell me how your visit with Sabrina's parents goes. I'm sure she's very nervous."

"I'm not sure how the poor girl is standing, to be honest." Anne sighed. Her hands had begun to move up and down Aurelia's spine in a soothing manner. "Between her mother getting out of jail at the Ministry and everything going on with Ominis, I don't know if I could take it."

"Do you think she and Ominis will make up?"

Anne frowned. "I really hope so. For both of their sakes."

"Hmm... Sebastian."

"Not now, Poppy," Sebastian moaned sleepily against her neck. "I'm taking in how sweet you are."

Poppy giggled before she began to stretch and wake up. "Sebastian, if the other Slytherins see me in here–"

Sighing, Sebastian sat up and gazed down at the girl sharing his bed. She was sprawled into his mattress with her brown hair fanned around her and her brown eyes barely open and studying him. She was in her school uniform still, but Sebastian had already begun making plans on how he was going to take it off her. "The only other Slytherin in this dorm room would be Ominis," he explained to her. "And since he's not back yet, I'm assuming he's either jumped off a cliff or he's spending time with Sabrina."

Poppy grinned and leaned up to kiss him. "I'm just not looking forward to missing you for the next two weeks."

Sebastian lay back down next to Poppy and grabbed her waist to pull her back against his chest. He loved holding Poppy, but spooning her like this was his favorite. "I'll miss you too," he said honestly. "You've become an important person to me in such a short time."

They had been dating for about a month, and truthfully the relationship had not gone beyond kisses and exploratory touches when they could. Sebastian had felt like his heart had grown two sizes since he got with Poppy. She was kind and sweet and spunky, and she always had a knack of making him smile. She was a breath of fresh air when his mind became cloudy, and finally he understood everything Ominis ever described to him.