Chapter Thirty-Seven: Let It Hurt

A/N: Hey... so this chapter is 8000+ words. Consider it like two chapters in one. 
TW: I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. Mentions of torture, forced marriage, possible SA, suicide, familial abuse, death, child abuse. If you feel you cannot get through this, reach out to me for a summary.

-----

The next morning, Minerva made breakfast as usual, however hardly anyone spoke. Everyone was still taking in everything that had happened the night before, and Ominis especially seemed completely lost in his thoughts as the anticipation built.

Finally, Sebastian and Anne stood up. "We'll be heading to Feldcroft this morning," Anne announced. "We wanted to pack up the last of the house and get a bit of last minute Quidditch practice in before school starts next week."

As the twins left, they finally turned to Ominis. "We thought we would let you be the first to witness the memories," Minerva explained. "And then afterwards, if you feel it appropriate for us to view them, we will. We can use them against Atticus at the Ministry to help build a strong case to get you disowned officially. Maybe we could even bring forth charges to get him arrested."

Ominis nodded, but Sabrina could see him tremble. "I appreciate your concern," he said. "Thank you."

They were led to the pensieve behind the fireplace, and once Minerva was done pouring the memories into the basin she turned to Ominis and Sabrina again. "These memories will not be pleasant," she advised. "And I do not know the effect viewing the memories will have on Ominis and his eyesight. If something happens and you want to come out, all you have to think about is coming back to this moment and it'll pull you out. Otherwise, you'll be in there for the entire duration of the memory."

The pair nodded.

Minerva put her hands on Sabrina's shoulders. "You know what to expect. If you feel at all in danger, don't panic." She then turned to Ominis. "It will feel like a dream. Keep in mind they cannot see you or hear you, and what you're witnessing will have already happened. You cannot change anything."

"I understand," Ominis said.

Taking a deep breath, Minerva finally left the room.

Sabrina took Ominis' hand in hers and squeezed gently. "I'll lead you to it. When you're up to the basin, all you have to do is put your face down. It will feel like you're putting your face in water, but you won't drown."

Ominis squeezed back. "I know you had to do this a lot last year. I remember your recollections well." He took a deep breath, shaky and nervous. "I'm glad you're the one coming with me."

Sabrina felt her cheeks get warm. "Of course." She also took a shaky deep breath. "Shall we?"

They walked up to the basin, and Sabrina could already see the dark swirls of the memories decorating the water.

Before they lowered themselves down, Ominis stopped her. "Wait. Will I feel you with me?"

Sabrina shook her head. "No, we'll be sort of on our own once we're inside. But just know I'll be nearby if it helps. I don't think I'll be forcing my way out of it."

"I know," he said fumbling. "But... this isn't your family history. You don't have to do this."

She carefully reached out and placed a hand on his cheek. Instantly, Ominis was leaning into her touch, and it seemed to calm him. "I will be with you until the end."

After another nervous moment, Ominis finally responded. "Alright."

Taking an involuntary deep breath, she directed Ominis and herself down into the bowl.