Chapter Twenty-Seven : Rookwood

"How did Sebastian take the news?"

Ominis felt Sabrina shift next to him as if she was shrugging her shoulders. The cold air whipped around the pair of them as they sat back on top of the Astronomy Tower. She also shivered despite how many layers she was wearing.

"He was upset, of course," Sabrina responded. She moved closer to Ominis, probably to borrow some of his warmth. "But he also said it made more sense that Rookwood cursed Anne than a random goblin. I think he was more relieved that he had answers than anything else."

The boy nodded in understanding. Sabrina shivered again. "Are you alright?"

Sabrina sighed. "I've been better."

"How are your wounds?"

"Mostly healed by now."

Ominis reached out and grabbed the girls' hands in a feeble attempt to warm her up. "You are freezing," he told her as he rubbed his hands on hers.

"It's cold up here," the girl chuckled.

"Then I'll help warm you up."

Ominis felt the girl snuggle closer to him. She felt so soft and comfortable, like she was a perfect extension of himself. She also felt extremely tense. It was moments like this where Ominis felt like he never wanted to let this girl go. She had gone through so much. He wanted to do everything to protect her and to prevent anything bad from happening again.

Maybe.... If he leaned down, he could give her a kiss. It would spark conversation if he did, and then maybe he would find himself telling her how he felt. Maybe she would even return the feelings if he hoped hard enough.

"Now that Rookwood was arrested, what happens now? Is he in prison for a while?"

Ominis hummed. He could feel her discomfort and fear now, and he realized she wasn't just shivering from the cold. "He can't hurt you anymore," he said, his voice barely above a whisper to reassure her.

He felt Sabrina's head lean on his shoulder. The touch sent a jolt of electricity through him at the contact, but he made no attempt to move her. He wanted to stay like that forever.

"He took everyone from me." Her voice was cold. He knew she was about to cry.

"I know, but we're safe now."

Sabrina was quiet for a moment. "He can't hurt us anymore," she repeated. "He's in prison, so no one else will be taken away because of him."

Ominis smiled and leaned into her head. "No one else will be taken away."

"Which one is she?"

Anne sighed. "Sabrina, it's not going to help you feel better–"

"I didn't ask for help feeling better," Sabrina glared at her friend, finally taking her gaze off of the Ravenclaw table at dinner. "I asked which one is Coraline Rookwood?"

Anne had never been on this side of Sabrina's wrath. This rage was new for her, and it honestly scared her. Any warnings Sebastian gave his sister about this version of Sabrina was nothing compared to the real thing. There was no doubt now that Sabrina was a Slytherin.

"She's sitting three people to the right of Aurelia," Anne responded finally.

Sabrina's eyes went back to the blue table and finally landed on the girl in question.