Chapter Forty-Three: Bananas

Sebastian was certain that nothing was as soft as Poppy Sweeting was.

Despite being in the sun and working with beasts all the time, Poppy was surprisingly soft and light in his arms, and she seemed to always melt to his touch when he was near her. He loved standing behind her and pressing her back against his chest, and he was just the right height that he could comfortably lay his cheek on the top of her head, making her giggle as he pulled her closer.

Poppy was sweet and kind and spunky and bold. And she warmed Sebastian every time he saw her.

"So, you know my birthday is coming up," Poppy brought up as the pair were walking back to the castle after feeding Highwing.

"Its this weekend, isn't it?" Sebastian replied.

Poppy nodded. "And... I've been thinking about what I want."

Sebastian chuckled. "Have you? Well, I must inform you, sweetheart, that I already have the evening planned for us. A romantic dinner, just you and I, but please wear something warm."

"Oh?" Poppy's eyebrows went up as her brown eyes met his. "The whole evening?"

"Well, for the most part," Sebastian answered.

Poppy stopped walking and went to stand in front of Sebastian. "Would it... be alright if I spent the night with you again?"

Sebastian grinned at the suggestion. "Of course, Sweets. Dinner and snuggles, what more could a guy want?"

He watched as Poppy glanced down nervously. "I was also thinking... you and I could finally...."

Sebastian had a feeling he knew what she was going to suggest, but he let her bring it up.

"Maybe we could finally do what we wanted to do since rescuing Highwing?" Her voice was now low, almost a whisper. And Merlin, was she trying to make it that enticing?

The thought sent a hot shiver though Sebastian at the thought of finally having Poppy in such an intimate manner. "If that's what you want," he said, trying to maintain a cool demeanor.

Poppy nodded. "I think so."

Sebastian leaned down to kiss her. "Then so it shall be."

"I need help."

Ominis groaned as he put down his cup of tea. "Why is it that every time you say that, I get scared?"

Sebastian sighed. "Come on, I'm serious!"

"As am I! You always bring up the worst conversation starters during breakfast."

"Ominis!"

Ominis looked over and groaned again. "No, don't do those sad eyes," he complained when he saw Sebastian's pleading face. "It's the worst part of being able to see you now."

Sebastian further pushed himself into Ominis' shoulder, trying to make sure Ominis could see his face as he begged. "Please! If you loved me–"

"Alright, fine! Get off!" Ominis gave an exasperated huff before pushing Sebastian back into his spot on the bench. "Now, what are you so desperate for help for?"

Sebastian looked around nervously. It was early enough in the morning that not many students had made their way into the Great Hall yet, and so far they were the only Slytherins at their assigned table. Despite that, Sebastian lowered his voice. "I think Poppy wants to have sex this weekend."

He watched as Ominis' eyebrows raised in obvious surprise before he was closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"And I haven't.... I mean, Poppy and I haven't–"