1-A ~ Chapter Twenty-One

Wrote this on the beach!! Still thinking about y'all on holiday 💀 ((HAPPY HALLOWEEN BTW!! 🎃👻))

~~~
Monday morning! (Skipping Sunday </3)
~~~
Shinso POV
~~~

"HITOSHI!" Mai shouted, running through the corridor and jumping at me.

"Woahh!" I laugh, stumbling backwards to stop myself from falling, "Well- that was definitely a warm welcome..." I took in a deep breath before hugging her back.

She pulled away, grinning from ear to ear.

"Did I miss something?" I asked, searching her face for a sign.

"I went to the cinema with Kendo yesterday!" She exclaims, talking quietly so other people couldn't hear.

"That's great! Just the two of you?" I smile, excited for her.

She pauses, "No.." Her head dropped, "No, it was basically all the 1-B girls..."

"Hey, well- you used to not even talk to her!" I keep my smile, slightly disheartened but the improvement was enough to be proud of.

She grinned back at me before pulling me back into an unbelievably tight hug. "You're so right!"

A small, bug-like creature appeared from her hair making me jump back. "WHAT IS THAT!?"

"Ha?" Hayashi looks around, her eyes lighting up when she saw the bug...? mouse...? Bug-mouse...? Really big, bug looking thing with a tail and mouse-like ears...? "This is Oz!"

"Like.. wizard of oz?" I ask, studying the creature and slowly becoming more curious than scared.

"Nope! Just Oz!" It spoke.

"And... Oz speaks?" I ask, this was just becoming more and more weird.

"Mhm!" Mai smiled, "They're part of my quirk! Didn't I tell you?"

I stare in disbelief, "NO!"

"Oh... well... They've  been my best friend since I was 4!" She explains.

After 2 years of close friendship, being in the same class for training and duels against each other- how didn't I know this!?

The creature just floated above her shoulder, grinning at me. Ew... it was kinda creepy.

"Okay... um.. I'm going to go find... someone else." I start backing away slowly before turning around and speed-walking down the corridor.

I just found out my best friend of two years has always had a creepy little bug-mouse creature hiding in her hair...

that must be why her hairs so big- it's full of secrets.

"SHINSO!" Dadzawa was calling through the corridor, gesturing for me to go over to him.

I glanced around at everyone around us and, with a tired smile, moved over to him, "Hey Sensei!"

He rolls his eyes, pushing me into class 1-A classroom and closing the door behind us.

Nobody was in the room apart from us so I realised I could feel comfortable talking to him as my dad not my teacher. "Soooo.. what's up?" I take a seat at one of the desks.

"You're joining my class today," he says simply, dropping down at his own desk.

"Ha? Have you spoken to Ms Gaia about that?" I questioned. If I could spend the day with class 1-A and my father it would be great but I can't imagine Sensei Gaia allowing me to.

"No, I don't have to. She's on some mission so your class has a substitute." Aizawa explains as though it was meant to be obvious, common sense.

"Uh.. and the substitute?" I ask, really not wanting to be dragged out of class again