Home ~ Chapter Twenty-Four

Bakugo POV
~~~

I watched Shinso as he climbed into the car alongside Aizawa, Mic and Eri.

I wished I could have slid in after him but if I didn't do this now, I never would.

"Hey, Bakubro!" Shitty hair shouted from behind me. "We're heading to see that new movie- wanna come?"

Oh my All Might, the world hates me today. I had constantly been telling the idiots how much I wanted to see that film but now? I can't.

"Eh, no- it's childish anyway," I scoffed, deciding to walk away.

"Um... it's a 18..." I hear Kirishimas worried and confused voice as I continued walking away.

Around the corner and down the street. I so desperately wanted to turn around and never even consider the stupidity running through my mind at the moment.

Why was coming out so hard?

Why was my old hag so hard to talk to?

Eventually, I reached the door- taking in a deep breath before knocking three times.

Shouting.

Yelling.

Screaming.

Arguing.

It just didn't stop.

Old man answered the door, swinging it open with a fake smile that hid his gritted teeth. He clutched the door handle with such a grip that I thought he would rip it off.

"Ah, Katsuki! Welcome home!" He steps out the way, allowing me to enter the home.

I took in a deep breath before going through the door and entering a place full of painful memories, surrounded by upset and arguments.

Why was I here?

Why couldn't I leave?

"Katsuki... you didn't tell us you were coming?" The old hag entered the room, a grating, fake tone to her already irritating voice.

"I didn't realise I had to." I admit. Of course I realised! It's been drilled into me since I first left for UA dorm rooms.

"Don't listen to your mother, you are more than welcome at any time." My old man smiled, speaking quietly with a shaking, nervous voice.

"DON'T LISTEN TO ME!?" She exclaimed. The shouting was back. "OH YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE BRAT!!"

I hadn't even said anything...

"AND YOU!" She pointed to my father.

"LEAVE HIM OUT OF IT YOU HAG!" I shouted, rapidly standing from the seat. What a wonderful start to my long awaited visit. "I just came to tell you both something then I'm leaving with haste."

She shoots a threatening glare over to the old man before relocating her attention to me, "Watch what you say, brat." She sneers.

I think I prefer the shouting.

"Right..." I begin, taking in a deep breath, "Hag, old man... I'm gay... and have a boyfriend so I thought it was about time I told you."

Silence.

Painful silence.

Anxiety, tension-filled silence.

Silence broken by my father clearing his throat.

"Well... Katsuki I fully support you." He smiled softly.

It wasn't his acceptance or support that I wanted. I knew he would support me anyway.