07| Walima

FAHAD
Laiba and I enter the hall holding hands.
Fireworks lighting up the night sky, creating a beautiful display of colors.
Not many people were invited for the wedding so the reception would be grand.
I helped her get on the stage, where we were made to sit.

LAIBA
I saw bhabhi and bhai come towards me. I smiled and rushed towards bhabhi and hugged her.
Bhai was talking to Fahad when I noticed amma and baba come towards me.
My smile faded and I looked away. They greeted me and Fahad. Soon Chachi and chachu joined too.

"Zayd?" I questioned bhabhi.
"raaste main hai.." she replied.

[TIME SKIP]
'Waise hume toh laga tha..Fahad ki shadi Sana se hogi.' a voice came from aside.

"Inki toh bachpan mein hi mangni hui thi na? Pure khandan ko pata tha." A few aunties gossiped.

Fahad gets annoyed while Laiba tries to act unbothered.
Sana hearing all this enjoys.
Fahad stood up to give them a reply, but insia shut them up in order not to create a scene.

Fahad's bestfriend Aman approaches him with a wide smile on his face.
He hugs him and congratulates both.
Fahad continues to talk to Aman while Laiba keeps looking at Fahad.

Zayd, entered the reception hall filled with guests, His eyes catch Laiba at a distance, her gaze fixed on Fahad. His heart sank.

Laiba spotted Zayd and gave him a smile as she discreetly waved at him. He waves back hesitantly.
Fahad's face tightened watching this.

Zayd looked at his family and started making his way through the crowd towards them.
Jiya stepping right in front of him, engrossed in her phone. Zayd collided with Jiya, causing both of them to stumble.

"Im so sorry..mera dhyan nahi rha.." Zayd apologised.
"It's fine ghalati toh meri thi..main hi phone dekh rahi thi." Jiya said smiling at him.
"Hi, I'm Jiya, Fahad ki behen aap bhabhi ki family se ho right?"

He smiled hesitantly. "I'm Zayd."
Jiya watched him leave smiling hard.

Sana sat there trying to eat something from the plate but looking at Fahad and Laiba together made her feel restless.

Aapko yeh nahi khaana toh mein kuch aur le aau apke liye? Sana heard a voice and turned to see Aman standing there.
No thanks, she said ignoring him.
Kya hua apka mood off kyun hai ji? Aman asked pulling the chair next to her.

Kya hai masla tumhara? Akela chod do hume. She said and left from there with her plate while Aman looked disappointed.

[TIME SKIP]

Laiba stood at the terrace wearing a plain white night suit, watching the wedding decorations being taken down.
Her hands folded, Lost in her thoughts.
'Kya kar rahi ho?' Laiba was startled when Fahad whispered from behind momentarily scaring her.
She turned around, slightly annoyed

Tumse matlab?

Kabhi toh seedhe muh baat karliya karo apne shohar se..he said as he stood next to her.

She turned to reply, but fell silent instead and stood there looking at the sky.
Fahad took a deep breath and tried to cheer her mood.

Accha yeh sab chodo. Tum apne baare mein kuch batao. Main tumhe jaan na chahta hun

Kya batau? She replied.
'Apne likes dislikes,college life,dost..'
'Dost? Huh' she said smiling sarcastically.
ek hi dost thi meri
Aj usi ki wajah se yeh sab horaha hai..she said to herself.
Kya? He asked confused.
Kuch nahi..tum apne baare mein batao..Tumhare friend group, college life Etc.... she said.

Fahad's face darkens, his eyes filled with a hint of sadness. He hesitates for a moment.
Kisi aur din bataunga, he said trying to smile.

Both looked towards the sky,
After a pause Laiba turned towards him,
Tumne bataya nahi ki tumhari mangni already hui thi tumhari cousin se?

Bachpan mein.
hamari dadi ne karwayi thi, lekin ammi ne woh tod di thi, so it doesn't really matter.

It does. She replied
Batana chahiye tha.

Kyun? He turned and gave a smirk

Tumhe ussi se shadi karni chahiye thi, she replied and turned away.
Anyways, mujhe bohot neend aa rahi hai, main sone jaa rahi hun. said Laiba walking downstairs.

Aur main? He replied and Laiba looked confused.

Kal raat to apne mujhe sone nahi diya..toh aaj batade mujhe kya karna hai.

She stays silent and goes to their room, while Fahad follows her.

Tum bed pe sojao, main sofe pe so jaungi..she replied taking the pillow.

Kyuu? He questioned.
Yaha bed Pe do log aram se so sakte hai..tum uss taraf so jana..aur main yahan.

Laiba still looked unsure.

Fahad sensed her hesitation.
Don't worry..main apni limits cross nahi karunga..I promise.. He said to Laiba.

Are you sure? Aur aage tumhari niyat badal gyi toh? She asked.

Laiba..I want you to be comfortable..humari shadi abhi hui hai, so it'll take time. And I respect your boundaries.
isiliye please ajao.

His words gave her a sense of assurance
She moved close to the bed and pointed her hand. 'main iss taraf soungi' Fahad smiled and moved to the other side.

They both slept on opposite sides, maintaining a considerable distance.