15| Eid

Fahad stood at the door watching Laiba get ready in their room. She wore an emerald green embroidered dress. The details of her outfit radiating her charm and leaving him in awe.
The gajrey in her hair enhancing her beauty.

She turned towards him while wearing her earrings and noticed him staring at her.
His eyes light up with a spark of affection as if he was watching a miracle.
He walked closer to her, his eyes fixed on her.
She looked at him confused.

In a soft whisper, barely audible,
"How did I get so lucky?" He said.
The weight of his emotions lingered in the air as he struggled to catch his breath.

Laiba looked at Fahad with a mixture of suprise and curiosity.
Her eyes meeting his inquisitive gaze.
He looked at her as if he meant each word he said. She found herself captivated by the raw emotion that reflected in his eyes.
Unsure of how to respond, she simply stared back, her heart fluttering in her chest.

Fahad, feeling a rush of emotions, took her hand gently in his and brought it closer to his lips, ready to plant a soft kiss.

'Bhai!!! Bhabhi!!' Laiba heard Jiya and pulled away.

'Eid Mubarak!!!' Jiya said entering the room and hugging Fahad.

'Bhabhi!! Aap kitni acchi lag rahi hai!!'  She said hugging Laiba. She smiled.
'Woh ammi keh rahi thi ke bhabhi ke ghar jana hai aap dono ko..toh jaldi neeche ayiye' she said running from there.

Laiba turned to him, a sense of anticipation in his eyes.
'Eid mubarak' she softly whispered leaving the room.

[CAR]
Fahad couldn't help but steal glances of her the whole car ride.

'Nazre sadak par' she said noticing him.
'Bohot khoobsurat lag rahi ho'

'Haan toh isme naya kya hai?'

'Pata nahi, Aaj nazre hatt hi nahi rahi tumse'

'Fazool baatein mat karo' she said trying to hide her smile.

'I love you' he said looking at her.

'-saamne dekh kar gaadi chalao tum' she replied.
_______________________________
[MALIK HOUSE]

'Bhabhi!!!' Laiba exclaimed as soon as she saw Zahra outside the house.
'Eid Mubarak' she said as they hugged.

'Tumhe pata hai kon aaye hai?' Zahra asked to which she raised her eyebrows.

Laiba looked at Sameer coming out of the house and immediately hugged him.
Fahad smiled looking at them.

Sameer asked them to come inside.

As they stepped forward to enter the house, Fahad's phone rang.
'I'm sorry..yeh important call hai..i'll be back in 10minutes..Aap andar jaiye'
he said excusing himself and going back to his car.

[HALL]
Laiba glanced at the room filled with people and looked shocked seeing Nadia.

Flashbacks flooded her mind, reminding her of the misunderstanding that had caused this marriage. The realisation that this was not the life she wanted but she was pushed to live because of her. Anger began to brew within her, and she tried to leave the house.