09| Chaah

FAHAD
I lay in bed, my eyes fixed on the ceiling, as sleep evaded me. It's almost one thirty at night.

I turned to the side, glancing at Laiba sleeping peacefully. How her face showed no worries. How she looked so quiet and serene. Lekin uth te hi toofan ban jati hai. I thought to myself as she turned towards me in her sleep, her lips slightly parted, a surge of longing coursed through my veins. The intimacy we shared in that brief moment was fucking intoxicating,

the rise and fall of her chest with each breath
and the softness of her breath on my skin. We were way too close.
I reached out and lightly brushed my hand against her face caressing her cheek admiring the warmth of her soft skin.
Fuck. What are you doing to me Laiba? I thought looking at her.

She stirred a little in her sleep because of the touch and her eyes fluttered open.
fear passed through her gaze, and she instinctively backed away

Her eyelids squinch slightly as she adjusts to the dimly lit. I feared what she would think of me for coming close to her.

Itne qareeb kyun ho tum? She said in a sleepy tone
Woh..uh.... I stammered trying to find an explanation.
Aur aise kyun dekh rahe the? This time her voice was stern.

'Ab..kya apni biwi ko dekh bhi nahi sakta? I said confidently, but deep down I was scared not knowing how she would react.

.......
Her eyes widened.
'Kya hua?' I asked
Raat ke iss waqt agar koi tumhara chehra dekhe Woh bhi itne qareeb se, toh zahir si baat hai insaan dar jayega

Excuse me? Kya matlab hai tumhara. kya meri shakal itni kharab hai?

Mujhe yeh fazool baatein nahi karni, pehle hi meri neend kharab kardi hai tumne.

While Fahad still wasn't over her comment.

Woh bottle pass karo, she said to Fahad pointing towards his bedside table.

Ek minute!! Pehle mere sawaal ka jawab do.
Kya mein handsome nahi hun?

Aree yaarr. Hatto!
She said trying to get the bottle.

Pehle mere sawaal ka jawab do. He said pulling her hand.

Hatto tum!! she said and nudged Fahad, who stumbled backward, momentarily falling from the bed.

Wide eyed and shocked she bent to make sure he was okay but burst out in laughter seeing sitting on the floor with his hand on his back.

Kya hua? Zara Sambhal ke, Ab iss umer mein haddiya tudwana chahte ho kya?

tumhari wajah se hua hai. tumne giraya hai mujhe.

He glared at her while she tried to control her laugh. Accha sorry, she said offering her hand to help.

yeh sab tumhari ghalati hai mister. Tum kyun mere itne qareeb the?
Main isliye nahi sona chahti yahan. lekin kya kare, sofe pe mujhe neend nahi aati aur tumhe iss umar mein sofe pe sone ko kahun..itni zaalim bhi nahi hun main.

Oh hello? Yeh kya iss umer main laga rakha hai tumne? I'm only 29!

Yeh sab chodo aur tum apni hadd mein raho. Yeh line dekh rahe ho? She said pointing towards the bed creating an imaginary line.
Isse aage mat aana!!

Aur agar main aaya toh? He said with a smirk

She glared at him.
Toh..main..phir se giradungi bed se..aur iss baar laat maar ke! samajh rahe ho?

Fahad's eyes widen with a mix of fear and amusement.

Okay..ma'am..he said turning to his side of the bed still holding his back.

She looked towards him to check on him but when her eyes met his she turned away.

Ya allah yeh kaisi biwi mili hai mujhe? He thought and slept.
.........................

[MORNING]

LAIBA
I made my way through the hallway when Fahad came out of the room and we collided.

Dekh ke nahi chal sakte?

Yeh main tumhe bhi keh sakta hun. He said rolling his eyes and making his way.
[the audacity my god]

Accha suno..he said turning back.
Bye.
'Huh?' I said confused.

Office Jaa raha hun..isliye bye bola.

Please..Ab yeh mat samajhna ki mein typical biwiyon ki tarah tumhara intezaar karungi. Balki Accha hai aadhe time mujhe tumhari shakal nahi dekhni padegi.

His face dropped. I think I may have said too much?

Uhh bye? I said but he left without turning.
.......................

[ MALIK HOUSE ]
Aap itni badi zimmedari mujhe Kaise de sakte hai bade abbu ? Zayd said to Amaal

Aree bhayi, Ab yeh sab karobar tumhe hi toh sambhal na hai. Yaad rakhna yeh business maine aur Tumhare abbu ne kayi saalon ki mehnat se banaya hai.

M..Mujhe nahi lagta main yeh sab sambhal paunga..aur iska hakdaar sirf Sameer bhai hai..main Kais-

Mere liye tum aur Sameer dono ek ho. Woh waha Muscat main hamara business dekhega tum yaha dekhna. Taki tumhare abbu aur main retirement le sake. Amaal said smiling.

Aur kyun nahi sambhal paoge? Hun jante hai humara Zayd kitna honhaar hai. Zeenat said feeding him sweets.
He hugs Amaal and Sohail.
....................