- EPILOGUE -

2 months later

LAIBA
I was feeling a bit bored, sitting alone in the beach house, flipping through the channels on the TV. This was a special night for us, the first night we were going to spend in this house. Only a few hours left for my birthday and this man still hasn't returned home. I thought we were coming here to spend time together, but then he tells me he also had to attend a business thing.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm his second wife. First is his work. Well, that's what you get for marrying a workaholic. With a sigh, I switched off the TV, feeling the silence of the house surround me. I took a moment to look around and admire the fully furnished house. Every corner was aesthetically decorated, creating an atmosphere of comfort. The colors and textures blended perfectly, and the view of the beach from the large windows absolutely breathtaking.

I sat there, contemplating my thoughts, and played a song to soothe my mind. The music filled the air, creating a serene ambiance that matching the tranquility of the surroundings. I closed my eyes, but just then sound of the doorbell echoed through the house, I made my way towards the door, the music still on.

As I opened the door, Fahad stood there with a warm smile on his face. "Badi jaldi aa gaye!"  I tried to taunt him as he entered inside.

Wrapping my arm around his neck, we shared a tender moment, feeling the love between us.
"Mujhe yahaan akele rehna accha nahi lagta," I confessed pouting.

"Ab mein aa gaya hu" he smiled humming to the tune of the song playing as we slightly swayed. I chuckled and he leaned in for a kiss. I playfully backed away saying, "Thik hai phir"

"Mein khaana banane jaa rahi hu" with a mischievous smile playing on my lips, I turned away, savouring the anticipation of his reaction.

"Order kar lenge yaarr"
Frustration laced his voice.

"Koi zarurat nahi hai" I replied tying my hair.

"Aaj pehli baar yaha ruke hai. Main khaana banaungi. Maine saara saaman bhi mangwa liya hai" he sighed removing his tie.

I began with the preparation for the meal. The house had an open kitchen. So I could see Fahad talk to someone on the phone in the hall. He finished his phone call and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water.

"Main kuch madad kardu?" I shook my head and replied, "Nahi it's fine, tum jaake fresh hojao" I wanted him to relax and take a break while I took care of the cooking.

I walked over to the shelf to get an ingredient, Fahad followed me. I thought it was strange but I ignored it.

I continued to cook and suddenly felt a gentle touch on my hair moving a strand from my face. I turned around to find Fahad standing there, an appealing smile on his face. I gave him a playful glare and said, "Fahad, tang na karein"

He innocently replied, "Main kahan tang kar raha hu?" but his smile gave away his true intentions. "Maine bas isliye baal hataye taki tumhe khaana banane mein pareshani na ho"

Saying this his hand slid to my waist and I could feel his hard chest against my back. His hold tightened as he dug his nose further into my neck inhaling deeply. A rush of warmth spread through my body making me feel hot. He was distracting me. I pointed the knife towards him playfully, warning him to step away from the kitchen.

But instead of retreating, he moved to the other side of the countertop, resting his hand on the edge of the table. His chin resting on his other hand as he watched me.

He gently touched the hand I held the knife with and with a playful smile said, "Main yeh sabzi kat du" I couldn't help but smile and give in to this man's antics. I let out a deep sigh and handed him the knife, saying, "You know what? Ek kaam karo, ab tum hi khaana banao"