30| Hum Dum

So here goes. I need a lot of comments on this one. 😭👍
_________________________________

"Fahad gaadi roko!" Laiba's voice rang out, filled with urgency.

Fahad remained silent, his gaze fixed on the road ahead, his hands firmly gripping the steering wheel.
"Fahad we need to talk. Baat karne se hi masle ka hal niklega. Gaadi roko". her voice tinged with a mixture of desperation and determination.

As the car continued to move forward, Laiba's frustration grew. She couldn't understand why Fahad was acting like this. The silence between them felt like a heavy weight, pressing down on her chest. She longed for Fahad to acknowledge her words, to acknowledge her feelings.

Lost in her thoughts, Laiba's gaze drifted towards the passing scenery outside the car window. Just when she was losing hope, Fahad veered off the main road taking an unexpected turn. Laiba's eyes widened in surprise as the car came to a halt in a secluded spot near the beach. Confusion and curiosity filled her mind as she looked at Fahad, wondering why he had brought her here.

LAIBA
Stepping out of the car, I looked across the vast expanse of the beach. The sound of crashing waves filled the air, and the salty breeze caressed my face.

We stood there on the beach, the wind swirling around us, feeling a mix of confusion and curiosity. I turned to face Fahad and noticed a mix of emotions in his eyes.

His voice broke the silence, "I'm sorry"
I looked at him, my eyes softening, and took a step closer, wanting to understand what he meant.

He continued, his words hanging in the air, "Mujhe kal raat tumhare saath aise behave nahi karna chahiye tha"

"I'm also sorry" he further said.
"Tumse shadi karne ke liye"
My eyes widened in surprise, trying to comprehend why he was bringing up this topic.

I waited, my heart pounding, for Fahad to explain further. His voice trembled as he continued, "Jab tumne mujhse kaha tha, ke tum yeh shadi nahi karna chahti, toh mujhe tumhare faisle ki izzat karni chahiye thi. Maine phir bhi tumse shadi ki. Uske liye main tumse maafi maangta hu."
As I listened, a mix of emotions swirled within me. I could see the vulnerability in Fahad's eyes, the weight of his remorse.

"Fahad ab yeh sab matter nahi karta" I tried to explain.

"Matter karta hai Laiba." He said looking right into my eyes. "Aur iss baat ka ehsaas mujhe ab hua hai, ke mohabbat kisi par musallat nahi ki jaa sakti"

"Isiliye, main tumhe iss zabardasti ke rishte se azaad karta hu Laiba"

I could feel the anger and disbelief coursing through my veins as I looked into his eyes. I can't believe he said that to me. After all we've been through—

"Kya bakwas kar rahe ho tum" I exclaimed, my voice filled with a mix of anger and hurt. Is he doubting our relationship? Does he not believe in us?

"Tum wahi kar rahe ho, jo mere baba ne kiya. Unhone bhi mujhpe shaq kiya, mujhpe aitbaar nahi kiya aur tum bhi—"

"Laiba mein—"

"Ab kaha gayi tumhari mohabbat?" I felt the anger brimming inside me as I pushed him. Part of me wants to lash out, to scream at him for hurting me like this. But another part of me realizes that maybe he's just scared. Maybe he's afraid that I'll leave him.

"Main bas yeh chahta hun ke tum khush raho.
Aur agar tumhari khushi mere saath nahi hai toh main tumhe chod dunga"

He's saying it again Ya Allah why doesn't he understand!! Taking a deep breath, I tried to collect myself.
"Fahad mein khush hun tumhare saath."