26| So in love

FAHAD"Thank you"  Sana said as we reached the house

FAHAD
"Thank you"  Sana said as we reached the house.
I just couldn't bring myself to say anything. I quietly nodded, feeling frustrated.

"Tum andar nahi aa rahe? Mama ko accha lagta.."

"Nahi..Laiba akeli hai..mujhe jaana hoga"

"I'm sorry agar maine tumhe aur Laiba ko disturb kiya" I remained silent and started the car.

I walked into to my room, Laiba was already asleep. I unbuttoned my shirt and took a moment to admire her.

I couldn't help but smile at the sight of her.
That interrupted kiss played in my mind. The way her lips felt against mine, the warmth of her touch...I felt a mix of annoyance and disappointment. Our night was left on such an incomplete note, and it bothered me.
I sighed walking towards the washroom to freshen up.

LAIBA
I woke up all cozy and snuggly, the sunlight streaming through the sheets and windows. I turned to the other side, Fahad lying there, peacefully sleeping. When did he come back last night? I remember waiting for him, but I don't know when I fell asleep.

I looked at Fahad, his hair all messy and scattered, he looked so adorable. A soft smile spread across my face.
I rested my head on my hand, and stayed there for a while watching him sleep. I gently reached out and held his hand, feeling a sense of comfort. His grip tightened as our fingers intertwined and my heart skipped a beat, as though he was subconsciously holding onto me.

Shaam savere mere
Khwaab bhi tere tere
Neendon ki karle choriyaan
Li angdaai tuney
Dil pe lagai tuney
Chahat ki yeh doriyaan

Haatho mein hai haath tere
Hai jeena humein saath tere
Naam pe tere yeh zindagi karjaavan
[HEER RANJHA]

I hesitated unsure if I should let go or continue to hold on. Fahad started to stir and I released his hand. He slowly opened his eyes and I looked at him and whispered. "Good morning"

He looked at me with a sleepy smile.
"Subah subah tumhare chehra dekh liya hai toh pura din hi accha guzrega" he said in his gentle husky voice.

God! What is wrong with me. Since when did I start smiling at his talks so much? My cheeks hurt as I tried to compose myself.
"Kaha se seekhto ho yeh sab?" I managed to speak.

He rested his head on his arm. "Tumhe dekh ke apne aap aa jata hai" we both chuckled.

"Office jaana hai?" I asked after a pause.

"Haan.." he said making a face, like he didn't want to leave. "Thoda bohot kaam bacha hai..phir shaam ko Hyderabad ke liye niklenge"

"Hmm"  so this was our last day in Karachi. This trip was unforgettable in so many ways.