Bonus Chapter - 01

One year later

LAIBA
"Rehan baby please don't cry," I said lifting him gently and swaying my body in rhythm, trying my best to calm him down.

"Dekho, phuppho apke liye chocolate layi hai."
I took out the chocolate from my bag to give it to him, but nothing was calming him down. He was so restless.

I heard a muffled voice coming from the closet. Bhabhi came out tying her hair, she let out a soft chuckle when she looked at me, my hair all messed up trying to take care of Rehan.

"Usse shayad bhook lagi hai" she said, taking Rehan in her arms and immediately soothing him.

"Bhabhi kaise manage karti hai aap issey" I said rubbing my face. I love playing with Rehan but not today. I've been having throbbing headaches lately and I can barely focus on any work I do. I  feel like lying on my bed all day because I'm just so tired.

Bhabhi smiled at me as she held the baby close and comforted it. Rehan is almost a year and a half I think. In a few days Rehan and bhabhi will be flying off to Muscat with Bhai. I am going to miss them so much, especially bhabhi. So I'm trying to make the most of the time with them.

Fahad has been away in Islamabad for the past 12 days, so I've been staying here at my parents' house for a few days. I haven't talked to him today. We had a video call the day before and yesterday he just texted me he was busy with work.

I guess I have grown accustomed to his lifestyle, but sometimes I just really want him to be here with me, like now.

Looking at bhabhi playing with Rehan, I feel this strange sensation in my chest. Happiness, excitement and a touch of anxiety. I want to talk to Fahad as soon as possible because there's something I've been keeping away from him.

Bhabhi got downstairs with Rehan and I walked into my room checking my phone again. No calls, not even text messages. I am so done with this man.

I switched back to the home screen and stared at the wallpaper as I lay on my bed. It is a picture of me and Fahad from our Dubai vacation last year which he surprised me with for our first anniversary. I opened my gallery and scrolled up to those photos.

There was a sudden knock. I looked towards the door to see a tall figure leaning against it. It was Fahad, with his infamous smile. It took me a few seconds to process what I was seeing. Was he actually here? With the headaches I've been having lately, it's been hard for me to tell reality from imagination.

I let out a sigh and got back on the bed, lying with my face buried in the soft sheets. Why didn't he reply to my texts or call me to let me know he had returned. It's been so frustrating not knowing when he would be back.

"Uhh..Main theek hu, tum batao" he said in a joking way. I didn't reply, but I heard the door close. Did he leave? What the hell? I looked up to see him locking the door from inside and moving towards me. I tried to calm myself down and remind myself that Fahad was here now.

I got up from the bed walking closer to him.
"Airport se seedhe yaha aaya hun, tumhe pick karne. Socha tumhe surprise du, aur tumne itna plain reaction diya hai?"

Without saying anything, I hugged him tightly, wrapping one of my legs around his waist. I struggled to lift my other leg, Fahad let out a soft chuckle and lifted it for me. Now, both of my legs were wrapped around his waist, his hands on my back.