25| Nazdeekiyaan

LAIBAAs I opened my eyes, I noticed the other side of the bed was empty

LAIBA
As I opened my eyes, I noticed the other side of the bed was empty. Fahad wasn't there. I called out for him, but he wasn't in the bathroom either. I reached over to grab my phone from the side table. I found a pair of foam gajrey and a note lying.

Good morning,
Ek important meeting hai, isliye mujhe jaana hoga. Tum so rahi thi aur main tumhe disturb nahi karna chahta tha.
Aaj shaam ko taiyar rehna, hum dinner ke liye jaa rahe hai. Designer kuch kapde bhejengi, tumhe jo pasand aaye tum pehen lena.

Aur haan, yeh gajrey nahi murjhayenge :)

My face lit up with a smile. I quickly adorned the gajrey. They look as good as the real one, and the best part, they won't wither. He is so thoughtful. I can't even tell you how much this man is making me fall for him. I kicked my feet in bed eagerly anticipating the day.

Time seemed to move so slowly today. Each minute feeling like an eternity.The clock struck 2pm. I heard the room bell ring.

As I came back, I opened the package, there were four dresses. My eyes widened with delight as I examined each one. But it was the black saree that completely caught my eye. I unfolded the saree and carefully wrapped it around me, standing before the mirror and I knew this is what I wanted to wear tonight.
________

Sana looked at Laiba's posts, her pictures with Fahad while sitting in a room full of friends. A wave of envy washed over her and face unintentionally contorted into a hurtful expression as she stared at her phone, lost in her own thoughts.

"Sana?!" Her friend called out to her and asked if she was okay. Sana snapped out of her reverie and forced a smile, trying to engage with their conversation. But her mind was consumed with something else.
_______

Zayd reached for his phone and dialed Jiya another time, but she didn't pick.
Disappointment washed over him as he rubbed his eyes and wondered why she didn't answer. Their last conversation came to his mind and he looked out of the window, lost in his thoughts.

FAHAD
"Make sure everything is perfect. We'll be there in half an hour"
I said on the call as I walked into the hotel, exhaustion from the meeting still lingering in my bones, anticipation filled the air. All I was looking forward was this evening. The perfect dinner date that I've planned for Laiba.

"Laiba", I called her out excitedly, as I entered the room.

And there she was standing before me in a black saree. My breath caught in my throat as I took in her beauty. She always looked beautiful, but tonight there was something that was just making me lose it. The delicate fabric clung to her body, hinting at the curves underneath. It was a tantalizing tease.

I tried to find the right words to express just how beautiful she looked, but my tongue seemed to betray me.
"You... look..." I stuttered, struggling to form a sentence. I took a deep breath, hoping to gather my thoughts, and that's when I saw her smile. Fuck. The effect she has on me is intoxicating.