23| Karachi

[TIME SKIP]
FAHAD
I stepped inside the room, the exhausting day at the office had drained me. My body felt heavy with weariness. The pounding in my head from the migraine seemed unbearable, and I rubbed my temples in a futile attempt to ease the pain.

Thoughts of the pending projects still lingered in my mind, but I felt a sense of relief knowing I was back home.

Laiba sat on the bed with a book in her hands. The soft glow of the reading lamp illuminated her face, her eyes lifted from the page and she noticed me.

I let out a deep, tired sigh and flopped onto the couch, feeling the weight of the day finally catching up to me.

"Kya hua?" She asked concerned.
"bas thoda thak gaya hoon"
"Main khana room mein hi le aaun?

"Nahi, it's fine mein fresh hoke aata hoon" I said walking towards the closet.

As we sat down for the dinner, Ammi asked me, "Suleman group of companies ke saath jo meeting thi..woh kaisi gayi?"

"It went good." I replied. "Parso Karachi jaana hai ussi silsile mein."

"Uhh..Fahad..main bhi chalu tumhare saath?" I heard Sana say and everyone looked towards her.
"Bohot din hogaye..mama se nahi mili..woh bhi chahti thi ki mein Karachi aaun kuch din unke saath rahoon"

"Thik hai" I replied and noticed Laiba giving me this look, like she had something to say.

"Laiba..tum bhi jao na Fahad ke saath" I heard Ammi. Why didn't I think of this? Probably because I knew she'd refuse.

"Haan Laiba ko bhi jaana chahiye" Jiya added. I noticed Sana's face fall. Laiba remained silent.

After dinner, I walked into the room and sat down on the couch. I closed my eyes and held my head, hoping to find some relief from the migraine.

I felt a gentle hand on my head. I turned to see Laiba. She softly asked me to turn around and as I did, I noticed a steaming cup of coffee placed on the table. She began to massage my head with her delicate touch, and all the exhaustion seemed to fade away. She told me to take the medicine to alleviate the pain.

As Laiba continued to massage my head, she broke the silence, "tum Sana ko saath le jaane ke liye kyun maan gaye?"

"mana bhi toh nahi karsakta tha" I replied.

"Itne drivers toh hai ghar mein...usse tumhare saath hi kyun jaana hai"

"Ab ek hi jagah jaa rahe hai toh saath jaane mein kya problem hai.."

"tum aaogi waise?"

"Nahi.."
I sighed.

[NEXT DAY]
Fahad carefully folded his clothes and put it in the suitcase when Laiba tossed a few of her clothes on the bed. He looked at her surprised, his brows furrowed as he asked, "tum aa rahi ho?"

"Haan"
A playful smile played on Fahad's lips as she grabbed the suitcase.
"Tum iss liye aa rahi ho na kyunki Sana mere saath aa rahi hai?

She glared at him.
"Tumhe koi problem hai mere aane se? Kahin mein tum dono ka trip disturb toh nahi kar rahi?"

"Laiba..yaar...
main toh khush hoon ke tum aa rahi ho"

He walked towards the closet and picked a shirt.
Laiba blocked his way. "Ek minute"
"Kya hua?"
"Tum kya sirf formals hi pehnoge?"
"Ab kaam ke liye jaa raha hoon toh obviously.."