The New Maid (Chapter 5)

(Hope you enjoy this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it.. It was inspired by the song Satellite by Guster. Enjoy!)

Camila very much enjoyed dinner with Lauren. They talked a lot more, mostly random stuff really. Camila told Lauren a little more about her life back home, and Lauren could see how her eyes sparkled every time she mentioned her parents. She could have sworn she was the most beautiful girl on the entire planet, but she kept it to herself, she didn't want to risk anything with Camila, now that she had somehow gained her trust.

The two girls had finally finished dinner, and went back home. On the ride back, Camila laughed a lot more. Lauren was more fascinated with the way her giggle made every beat in her heart, beat ten times faster. She figured she could stare at Camila for an entire lifetime, even if a "lifetime" only meant a week.

They were finally home, and Lauren parked her new car in the garage. Camila was just about to open her own door, until Lauren stopped her, " No, hold on, let me get that for you, please?"

Camila didn't say a word, she just sat back on her seat as Lauren walked over to her side, and opened the door for her.
Camila stepped out of the car wish blushed cheeks, and Lauren only stood a few inches away from her. Lauren could kiss her right there, and then, if she would just allow it, but Lauren would never pressure her into doing anything she didn't want. And really, that scared Lauren the most, the fact that she actually cared about Camila's emotions.

They finally stepped into the lonely cold house, which didn't seem so lonely after all.

" So Cam.. what movie do you want to watch first, and what kind of ice cream would you like? It's your choice!"

"I'm sure you have every movie known to man, as well as ice cream, but honestly, right now, I can only think about what you told me back at the restaurant", Camila stepped really close to Lauren she could almost feel her heartbeat.

" Oh, that's right about that.."

" So what were you gonna show me?", Camila raised an eyebrow, as she began to take her coat off. It was pretty chilly outside, but once inside, she could feel the heat.

" My.... Well, it's in my room.. do you want to come with me?"

" Yeah, why not?"

Camila followed Lauren upstairs, and into her room.

Lauren closed the door to her room, but she had forgotten one thing, to turn on the light. They stood in pitch darkness for a few seconds; they stood only a few inches away from each other, and they could literally hear each other breathing.

" So... are you gonna turn the light on, or are we gonna stay in the dark forever?", Camila giggled to herself.

" Oh.. yeah, that's right, sorry...", Lauren turned the switch on, and walked over to the closet, to take something out.

" Here it is...it's a new painting that I did today. This is what I wanted to show you."

Camila's brown eyes became big and bold, as she looked at the portrait of a beautiful young woman with light skin, and dark long hair in a wedding dress.

" Wow, she's beautiful.. is that Ana? I can't help to think that she looks so familiar..."

" Yeah, she does look familiar doesn't she? Those eyes; and that skin. She's beautiful, isn't she?"
Camila stepped closer to the drawing to get a better view of it, " Yeah, wow... she's even more gorgeous that the last painting I saw of her.. her eyes look brighter, and she actually has a smile on her face."

They both stood in denial, and Camila had no idea why "Ana" reminded her of herself.

" She looks happier in this painting because she is. You see, in this painting, Ana has finally found true love, and well, she's about to get married."