The New Maid (Chapter 18)

Lauren made it home just before her parents blew up her phone, asking her why she was taking so long to get home, " I'm home.. I'm alive.", she walked in through the door.      

" Lauren, you were out all morning..", Clara hugged her.  

" I was working, remember?"  

" Oh, that's right.. anyway, what do you feel like doing? We can catch a movie, go out to eat, or whatever you feel like doing.. it's all up to you."  

" Honestly mom, I'm kind of really tired.. maybe later on, I don't know.. where's dad?"  

" He's getting ready.. since we were supposed to go out to eat..?", Clara looked at her daughter funny. 

" Oh...", Lauren shrugged her shoulders. 

" Lauren, what's wrong, is something bothering you?"  

" No, not at all.. maybe I'm just hungry.", she put her fingers through her long hair. 

Clara looked at Lauren like she was crazy. There was something definitely not right with Lauren, and it bothered her, " Okay, well your dad should be out  soon.."  

" I'm ready!", Mike came out of his room with a huge smile on his face.

" Lauren, you look beautiful", he kissed her cheek. 

" More like, I look like death..", Lauren rolled her eyes.  

" Never! Ready for dinner?"  

" I've been ready since I woke up!", Lauren smiled.  

They went out for dinner, but Lauren was actually too tired, and really didn't feel like talking.. and the fact that she couldn't stop thinking about Camila wasn't helping.. she didn't understand how she could still love someone after so many years, but as she sat through dinner with her parents, Lauren realized she still loved Camila..

She loved her more than she thought to, but her luck ran out. She was engaged to Austin, and there was no way Lauren would ruin it for Camila.  

" Lauren are you feeling alright?", Clara took a sip of her drink.  

" I'm fine.. I'm just really tired.. I guess I still can't get used to the time change.." 

" Are you sure that's it?", Clara still insisted.  

" Mom, for crying out loud, I'm fine, I'm just fucking tired... sorry.", Lauren moved her plate to the center of the table.  

" Maybe we should go home so she can rest.", Mike looked at Clara as she agreed.  

" Yeah, no sleep makes me cranky...", Lauren stood up and walked out of the restaurant leaving her parents behind.

She just needed fresh air, she needed to get Camila out of her head, but she knew nothing would work. 

They came home, Lauren said goodnight, and walked straight to her room. She was just about to get into bed, when she heard a rock pound on her window.. if it wouldn't have been loud, she would have just ignored it, but for some reason she walked up to her window.

She opened it only to see the brown eyed girl that she was dying to see, standing right below her. 

" Camila..", she whispered so effortlessly, almost if she had been dying to say her name for years.  

" Hi..", the brown eyed girl managed to say, as she smiled back, and locked eyes with her.  

" What are you doing here, Camila?"