The New Maid (Chapter 16)

" Wow this place is gorgeous.. It's so different..", Lauren looked through the window of her limo, and was amazed at how different London was from Miami.

" Yeah, it's beautiful here. You're gonna love it.. It's so artistic..", the limo driver turned, and smiled.

" By the way my name is George, and I'll be your limo driver, or chauffeur, if you wanna get fancy."

" Ha, I like you already George.. and yes, it's so artistic.. which is the reason that I'm here.."

" You're into the arts? I thought you'd be here just for vacation.."

" Well you can call it a vacation.. a really long vacation. I'll be going to art school, and I didn't want to stay home for that.. I wanted to explore the world, you know how it is.."

" Did someone back home break your heart?", George smirked.

" How did you know?"

" Because the last time a girl broke my heart I left the country for a year.. she was actually my fiancé, she dumped me, and I couldn't stand living in the same city.. so I left."

" Wait, so how did you end up in London because by your accent you must be American?", Lauren sat up on her seat.

" I wanted to explore the world.. sounds familiar, doesn't it?", George smiled at Lauren through his mirror.

" So what happened with your fiancé.. did you ever get over her?"

" To be honest, not really.. I still think of her from time to time, and last I heard, she was still with the guy that she left me for.. It hurt a lot."

" You were too good for her, George. I'm sure there's a special lady out there for you. Don't lose hope.."

There were a few seconds of silence, " So, what happened with you? Because now I'm sure you're not just here because of school.."

" A girl broke my heart.. she made me fall in love, and then left me..", Lauren looked down at her hands, and stopped herself from crying in front of her chauffeur.

" You don't have to hold back, Ms Jauregui, if you need to cry just let it out. I've been in your shoes.."

" I don't want to cry over her anymore.. I just want to understand why she would change her mind so suddenly.. one day she loves me, and the next she totally changes on me.."

" What exactly happened?", it had only been a few minutes, but George was already concerned over Lauren.

" I don't know.. She just left me a voicemail saying she was leaving me because she realized she didn't feel the same, and that she felt suffocated. Oh, and get this, she was my maid.."

" Wait, hold up.. she was your maid? Like, she worked in your house?"

" yeah, that's how we met.. and we fell in love, or so I though.."

" So you're telling me that you fell in love with your maid, and she left, and basically quit her job, just like that? Are you sure she wasn't interested in your money?"

" Camila isn't that type of girl.. she didn't care if I was rich, she loves me for me. Or loved me...", Lauren's eyes filled with tears.

" Ms Jauregui, are you sure there wasn't more to it? I mean, you say she loved you, and she was never interested in your money. What if there was more to your breakup, and you don't even know?"

" I didn't stay long enough to figure it out.. I never thought about that.. All I remember her saying is that she didn't love me like she thought she did.. It all happened so suddenly. I still feel like it's a bad dream.. But I'm in London, this is definitely not a dream..", Lauren managed to smile.