The New Maid (Chapter 12)

Lauren felt as if her heart was about to pop out of her chest, she was unable to move. And she was sure that at any second her parents would walk in through her door, and find Camila half naked on her bed.

Lauren finally knocked some sense into herself. " Camila!.. baby! Wake up, my parents are here!"

" Let me sleep.. my head is killing me..", Camila mumbled as she slapped Lauren's hand.

" Did you not hear me? my parents are home!", Lauren nearly shouted.

Camila's eyes opened wide, and she turned pale, it looked as if she had seen a ghost, " What the hell!"

She quickly got out of bed.. " They can't find me in your room especially at this time, and dressed like this... what do I do?"

"Hide inside my bathroom, I'll go downstairs, and try to distract them, or I'll think of something, but just hide in there, until I tell you when it's okay to go to your room.."

Camila grabbed her hair, " What if they go in my room and don't find me?"

" Baby, don't worry, I'll think of something...just go hide in my bathroom!"

" Okay..", Camila quickly grabbed her heels, and hid inside of Laurens bathroom.

Lauren got out of bed; she put her shoes on, and went downstairs.

" Mom... dad...", her parents were sitting on the couch waiting for her.

" Lauren!", they both got up, and hugged her.

" Yeah, hi... it's been a while since I've seen you..", Lauren looked down at her feet, obviously she was hurt.

" You're used to it.. Go get ready, so we can go out for breakfast..", her dad smiled.

" Yeah, I'm used to it, and that's the sad part.. I'm not really in the mood to go out.. I'll wait for you guys here..", Lauren quickly turned around as she walked away.

" Where's Camila?", Clara asked as she looked around her living room,

" This place looks a mess.." , Clara added.

Lauren felt like she had caught flames, " I uh..I gave her a few days to herself.. she had a little family emergency, but I'm pretty sure she'll be returning soon.. maybe, like, today."

" What happened with her family, is everything okay?", Michael turned to face his daughter with a worried face.

" Oh, something about her dad crashing his car, but he didn't get hurt. They just had to fix the car. So, Camila figured she'd go home, and check on them", Lauren was actually surprised at how quick she could come up with excuses.

" Oh, poor girl. I hope they were able to fix the car. They're such great people.. And Camila is an absolute sweetheart.", Clara said.

Lauren awkwardly giggled; she couldn't help, but smile at the thought of her girlfriend, " Yeah, she really is, isn't she..."

" Are you okay? Why'd you turn all red?", Michael asked as he fixed his shoes.

" Um.. it's just that it's kind of hot in here...", Lauren scratched the tip of her head.

" Taken by the way that you're dressed, it seems to me that you had a rough time last night..", Clara raised an eyebrow as she looked at her daughter head to toe.

" Boy, did I... yeah, I hung out with a couple friends, nothing out of the ordinary.."

" We can see that..", her parents both smirked.