The New Maid (Chapter 6)

Lauren finally turned the water off after nearly half an hour of showering. Camila sat tightly on Lauren's bed, as she fixed her wet clothes that had evidently become too uncomfortable. She couldn't wait to shower herself, and change, but she had to wait for Lauren. She couldn't just walk out without telling her.

Suddenly the bathroom door opened, and Lauren stepped out, wearing a white robe, and her wet hair was all over the place. Camila became distraught at the sight, and within seconds they were both locked in an eye battle. Lauren couldn't help think about how hot Camila looked on her bed with drenched clothes.
Camila had forgotten to turn the light on, or maybe she was just too scared to touch anything in Lauren's room. So the only lighting was coming from inside the bathroom. She bit her lips as she continued to look at the green eyed girl.

Camila managed to lay back on the bed, and Lauren had no idea if that was her way of welcoming her. She could never quite figure the girl out.

After a few seconds Lauren broke the silence, "hi..."

"Hi", Camila awkwardly responded, "Oh my God, I'm sorry, I'm on your bed..I should've sat on the chair. I'm sorry, it was rude of me.."

"No... Stay... Remember it's big enough.", Lauren smiled.

"But I'm gonna get it all wet.. I'm drenched..", Camila closed her eyes when she realized what she had said.

Lauren couldn't help, but giggle, "Cam...honestly, it's fine! It's just a bed, and if it's wet, I'll change the covers. I'd rather you be comfortable."

"No, it's not fine.. I'm your maid, remember? I'll go to my room..", camila got off the bed, shyly looking down at her feet.

"No... Don't leave. Not yet, and remember that you're my friend? You're not just my maid, you're so much more to me... You're..", Lauren stopped to take a breathe because she didn't think she could hold in her feelings any longer.

But she continued, "Camila.. You're.. You're perfect, okay? Every time you speak, every time you smile, everything you say is perfect. Your hair, the way you can wear something so casual, but still be the most beautiful girl in the entire room. I wish you could see yourself through my point of view. And if you could, you would think the same. And I know this is so random, and you weren't expecting any of it, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. I don't see you as just a maid, I see you as a friend.. And if you would just let me, I could treat you the way you deserve to be treated.. I'm not talking about money, or a fancy lifestyle. I'm talking about walks on the beach, picnics under the stars, going on adventures, painting in the most random places, swimming after midnight, eating ice cream while we walk through the park. I would love to do all of this with you... And I'm sorry if by any chance I've made you uncomfortable, but I had to just tell you... You're worth so much more. I know you felt something when we jumped in the pool together, I could tell by the way you held on to me. I could tell by the way you shivered, and looked me in the eyes. If we just gave in to what we felt, trust me, it would be so much better.."

Camila stood there, not able to even speak. Lauren walked closer to her, and held her hand, "I really like you, Camila.. and I don't know if you've noticed, but you've somehow made me a better person, and I know we've only known each other for a few days, but even then, you've managed to show me what a real friend is like. Yeah, we sure had our moments, but you're different from anyone I've ever met. I know you feel the same, right?"

Camila shook her head, " I... I'm sorry Ms. Jauregui, but I'm sure you've mistaken friendship for something else. I can see you as a friend, but I can't see you as anything else. It has nothing to do with you, it's because of me. You could never be seen with someone as low as me. I could never be up to your standards. I'm your maid, and that's all I ever should have been. And now if you would just excuse me.. I have to go to my room."