The New Maid (Chapter 17)

Lauren could barely find the words to speak, and Camila looked as if she had seen a ghost.  

" Lauren... it's been so long.", Camila placed her sunglasses over her hair.  

" I know, eight years if we're being exact, but who's counting?", Lauren awkwardly smiled.        

" I didn't know this was your gallery.. I didn't even know you were back home." 

" The gallery was a surprise from my parents.. Today is actually the first time I step foot in here..", Lauren crossed her arms. 

" I'm only home for a couple of days, and then I'll go back to London, or wherever life decides to take me."  

Camila looked down at her hands, " London? Is that where you moved to?" 

" Yup, possibly one of the most beautiful places on earth. I've learned a lot, and well, its my home.", Lauren smiled as she bit her lip. 

"I'm so glad to see that your dreams of becoming an aspiring artist came true.. you were always so good at it, and now I'm sure you're probably the best out there.."  

" I wouldn't be so sure of that, but I try..", Lauren breathed in as she played with her fingernails. It was a bad habit when she was nervous.  

" Well, this was unlikely, and this panting is beautiful..", Camila locked eyes with Lauren, and there were a few seconds of silence.. 

" Thank you, Camila.. and I guess you were the lucky first one.. I mean, like, to buy my first painting here..", Lauren giggled when she realized what she had just said.  

" I really was the lucky first one.. well, Lauren, it was nice seeing you, but I should get going now..", Camila smiled at Lauren as she began to walk out the door.  

" Wait..", Lauren didn't even know how she found the strength to speak out so loud. Camila turned around to face her former lover once again. 

" You look really nice, Camila.. and you even have a chauffeur, that's always fun.", Lauren couldn't help and notice that she wore really expensive clothes, and she had a chauffeur for crying out loud.  

Camila looked around the room as she looked for the right words to say, " Thanks, Lauren.. and yeah, Rob is a pretty awesome chauffeur, if I may add.. just don't tell him that, or it'll get to his head.." 

" Don't worry, I wont tell him.. it was nice seeing you.", Lauren smiled.  

" It was great seeing you, also..", Camila smiled as her cheeks turned red.

She began to walk once again, when she suddenly turned back around, " Wait, Lauren..." 

" Yeah?", Laurens green eyes sparkled by the way she called out her name.  

" Would you be willing to paint one of my walls from home? I know this is a strange request.. but I've always dreamt of one of my walls being covered up in stars with the moon.. kind of like the night sky.. of course I would pay you for your work..", Camila walked closer to Lauren.  

" Yeah, of course.. that wouldn't be a problem.. But that means I would have to get started right away, since I don't know how many days I'll be home."  

" Oh, that's right.. never mind, I wouldn't want to take up all your free time from vacation.", Camila shyly looked down. 

" No, not at all.. It would be a pleasure. Besides, it's a job, right?", Lauren lightly touched Camila's hand until she realized what she had done.  

" Oh, okay.. well, whenever you have time."  

" I can start tomorrow..", Lauren blurted out before Camila could speak.