The New Maid (Chapter 13)

" Lauren? Can you open the door, why is it locked?", Mike knocked on the door.  

Lauren could finally breathe because she realized her parents were behind the kitchen door, unable to walk in, and she thanked whoever locked it because it saved her life.  

" Um, I'm coming..". Lauren shouted.  

" Ya think?", Camila blushed as she smirked.  

" Shut up, Camila, you're gonna pay for that! Button up your shirt!..", Lauren smiled at her girlfriend, as she walked over to the door.  

Lauren stood in front of the door, and quickly turned around to make sure Camila had adjusted her clothing. She turned the knob.  

" Why was this door locked?", Mike asked once again.  

" I have no idea, but I think what matters here is.. why are you guys home so early?", Lauren sarcastically interrogated her parents, and she liked the feeling.  

" Well, we want to spend time with you, so we decided to not go out to eat. And we know we were too hard on you earlier."  

" Hmm, I agree on that. So I'm guessing we can finally have a civil conversation, and I need you guys to hear me out, for once..", Lauren crossed her arms not knowing what to expect from her parents.  

" Well, why don't we just talk now? What do you need to tell us? Is there something that's bothering you?", Clara said.  

Lauren quickly looked at Camila, " Well, there is something that is bothering me.. And it has to do with what we talked about earlier.. about what college I want to get into." 

"  Your mom and I were talking, and we both decided that we really need you to decide on your future. We know it's not easy, but ultimately, you have to do what makes you happy...", Mike blurted out.  

" So what are you saying?", Lauren raised an eyebrow.  

" All we're saying is that look into different schools, search different careers, and majors. There's so much out there that you could do. Don't settle for just one thing.. Be spontaneous.", her dad added.

" Art is spontaneous..", Lauren rolled her eyes. 

" I suppose it is spontaneous, but is that really all you want? You could major in something else, and minor in art.. Just so you can have something to fall back on.. just in case."  

" I don't know.. I wish I had a straight answer for you, but I don't.. And I didn't realize this conversation would give me a headache.."  

Clara walked up to Lauren, and gave her a hug, " We didn't mean to give you a headache, but I hope you realize you have to make a decision quick.. Please don't just stick to art.. you can do so much more.."  

" I don't know, mom.. maybe you're right, and maybe I just have to sleep on it, I suppose.."  

" I have a better idea!", Mikes voice became loud as he stepped in front of Lauren and Clara..  " What?", Clara smirked.  

" Lets go to the carnival! We can talk about college later on..." Mikes face began to glow.  

" Why a carnival?", Clara was surprised at her husbands request.  

" Because we haven't taken Lauren to a carnival in years, and I want to hang out with my daughter, and buy her ice cream.", Mike smiled.  

" So that's where she gets her obsession with ice cream.", Camila blurted out unexpectedly, and they all just looked at her.  

" Camila you have to come, too!", Mike turned to look at her.  

" Oh, that sounds awesome, but I've got work to do, Mr. Jauregui."