Dumbest idea ever

Draco visited Harry daily, and for both of them, these meetings were an increasingly important part of the day. For some mysterious reason, Draco's presence really did ease Harry's pain, but otherwise, the treatment was stuck at a standstill. Harry's hands were still motionless and numb. Draco was beginning to despair at the failure of his efforts to find any information about the curse causing such a devastating affliction. What will happen to Harry? He won't be able to return to his job as an Auror, to any job... What will happen to his son? Soon, it will be Christmas break, and the boys will be coming home. Draco tried not to think up any catastrophic scenarios. He hasn't read all the books yet. He hasn't consulted all the healers and potion masters yet.

One day, he did not find Harry in his room. The fear that he might no longer be alive paralysed him completely.

"We had to transfer Mr. Potter to the Permanent Ward."

"No!" cried Draco. It was as if they were telling him that he had no hope left. How will this affect his already damaged psyche? Draco ran into his room.

While in the special care ward, Harry had a room to himself, here he shared it with another wizard who looked insane, only occasionally groaning softly.

"This is incredible!" Draco fumed. "How could they even afford to transfer you here?"

Harry just sighed.

"I will not leave it at that, I will immediately request that you receive proper care."

"Draco, it's worthless," Harry breathed resignedly.

Draco didn't listen to him anymore. He ran straight to the main healer.

"Can you explain to me why you transferred Mr. Potter to the permanent impairments department?"

"His disposition appears to be of a permanent nature. Unfortunately. With the current state of knowledge, we can't do more for him."

"You wrote him off!" Draco shouted. "After all, his magical core is undamaged. You confirmed that to me. He can use wandless magic. Surely, he can't stay here among those hopeless cases!"

"As I say, we can't help him anymore. But if someone wants to take him home and provide him with proper care, we can release him. The Weasleys are thinking about it quite seriously."

Weasley! That bastard Weasley again! If Harry lived with them, Malfoy would certainly not be allowed to visit him. And Draco had a bold, maybe even wholly ill-conceived, plan.

"I'll take him home."

"But Mr. Malfoy, are you sure? Do you know what such care entails? He needs constant care, and you cannot provide it as a busy potionist.

"I'll give him everything he needs," Draco said sharply. He almost resembled the arrogant Slytherin he once was.

Only then did it occur to him that he should also ask Harry if he agreed. That will be even more difficult.

"Harry, I arranged for you to be transferred to a better ward."

"Seriously? That is great. I would quickly go crazy here. And where is it, in which department?'

Draco was silent, then hesitantly admitted, "Well, it's kind of...in the Malfoy Manor."

"No way," Harry snapped. "What was on your mind? If I didn't know that Dumbledore was dead, I would have thought that he had given you the advice."

"Harry, I'm not leaving you here. You would have every comfort at my place, I can pay for a nurse if you don't want me to take care of you.''

Harry sighed. The offer to get out of here sounded tempting.

"You could try wandless magic. You wouldn't be able to do magic here in the hospital."

All the more tempting.

"You need my hands, don't forget that. It's the only thing that helps you with your pain so far."

Draco sat down next to Harry on the bed and took Harry's hands in his. True, the pain subsided immediately.

"That won't work," Harry protested, already partially persuaded.

"Slytherins never give up," Draco sneered.

"And Gryffindors don't back down from a challenge, no matter how stupid," Harry laughed.

"Am I to take that as consent?"

"Yeah, for Salazar's sake. But you won't go to the toilet with me!"