Wizard brain and reptile brain

Harry hadn't slept much lately, and it was starting to take its toll on him. He started having trouble concentrating. He couldn't hold a thought, and he felt like he couldn't think logically. He looked at himself in the mirror. It won't go on like this! If he's going to last another few days in this mode, he's going to have to take a life booster. Draco gave him several vials. He reached into the cabinet and took one of them.

On the label was written: I plan to give you a hard time, and you're going to need this. Oh, Draco, I would give anything in the world to have you here. Harry, already mentally weakened, literally collapsed from the message. He curled up in a ball and cried quietly. No one is here, no one can see him. Just a minute, then I'll go back to work and look for you until I find you. In a moment, my love... He fell asleep from exhaustion.

He was awakened by the tapping of an owl on the window. Newspaper, tabloid supplement of Daily Prophet. Harry needed it for investigation. He skimmed the headlines with an experienced eye. He hadn't found a single clue to the case in the press since Draco's disappearance.

He assumed this time would be no different as his eyes landed on a photo of a blond man. There was no doubt. Draco was in a passionate kiss with a strange man whose face was not visible. Draco, on the other hand, was easy to identify. The look on his face - he enjoyed it! He looked head over heels in love! His eyes were closed, and his hands were wrapped around that bastard's neck!

Harry quickly read the short article next to the photo. Who is Draco Malfoy's new love? Rita Skeeter promises that she will continue to keep you informed! We will know more by the next edition!

Harry, whose brain was slightly clouded by fatigue already, was unable to think clearly. All that flashed before his eyes was the image of his beloved in an embrace with a strange man. Harry was completely paralysed with jealousy. Reason has disappeared somewhere. All objects within his reach were suddenly in danger. Shattered glass. Again. Another glass is broken.

He was looking for another victim of his rampage. It appeared that all the glass objects in the room had already been used. Reparo. Reparo. Reparo. And glass shattering again. Harry exhaled violently and waved his wand like he was out of his senses. At last, the spirited activity ceased to amuse him, and he crawled away for a bottle of fire whiskey. He tried to open it, but his hands wouldn't obey. He looked at them in horror, and his eyes went dark. Black hands. No bright spots. As the adrenaline slowly wore off, he began to feel a searing pain. What was Mrs. Malfoy saying? It is irreversible! Harry had given up on trying to get into the alcoholic drink, which would only bring him momentary relief anyway, and things would only worsen. Didn't I swear I wouldn't get manipulated again? I didn't look at the photo properly. Is it Draco for sure? And I must not forget that he is most likely acting under the Imperius.

Harry finally calmed down and returned to the newspaper article. He studied photography carefully. Yes, it's Draco. However, his eyes are closed, so there is no way to know for sure if he is under the Imperius. Harry watched every detail. And then he saw it. Draco's hand was clenched in a gesture muggles used as a distress signal. Hand raised with palm apart, thumb in the palm and other fingers around it. The gesture, which shows the symbolic imprisonment of the thumb in the palm, is mainly used by abused women. Rather unknown in the wizarding world, but the Auror, who had always been close to the muggle world, knew it. Harry seemed petrified.

Draco, will you ever forgive me? How low I fell when I wrongly suspected you again. But seeing you in this position, with a strange man pressed against your lips... Who wouldn't be jealous?

However, this was not about a few broken glasses and minutes of rage. Harry had made his condition so bad by his recklessness that he now had very limited mobility in his hands, and the pain was almost unbearable. How can he look the Malfoys and Scorpius in the face? How can he look Draco in the face when / if he finds him?

Using wandless magic, he opened one of the pain potions that Draco had given him. It was one of those non-addictive ones. Draco isn't here, and he'll run out of potions in a few days, then what? Harry can't afford to have a clouded mind from the potions. He must continue his investigation!

You investigated nothing, Potter! He looked at himself in the mirror in disgust.

First, it is necessary to find out where the photo was taken. It would be useful to talk to Rita Skeeter. Harry knew he couldn't interview her himself. If she found out about his indisposition, the newspapers would immediately be full of it. Send another Auror? Journalists are very reluctant to give information to Aurors. Asking one of the Malfoys seemed like the best possible solution to Harry. He might ask Lucius. It would be perfectly understandable that he would want to find out who had publicly compromised his only son.

Potter, you're such an idiot, just show Lucius your hands, Harry scolded himself, but bravely made his way to Malfoy Manor, where the Malfoys now lived. The poor hands were hidden in the muff.