Death Eater Swarm

That morning was the first time Harry had somehow managed to eat breakfast without levitating charms. It wasn't without minor complications, the glass of pumpkin juice slipped from his hand and stained not only his clothes but also the expensive carpet, and a moment later, he spilt the entire bowl of cereal.

"I'm sorry," Harry whispered.

Draco waved his hand. "You're like Scorpius when he was learning to dine. That doesn't bother me."

Harry realised how close Draco was to his son. He himself had no memories of his son learning to dine; Ginny took care of that. He was put in charge of the teenage Albus, and honestly, he didn't know much about him. Maybe Draco could give him some advice. Harry was startled. Is he planning something with Malfoy again? Okay, they're sort of friends now, but he's definitely not close to him like he is to Ron or Hagrid, and Harry doesn't even care about that.

"My parents are coming for a visit in the afternoon," Draco said casually.

"Well, really?" Harry sputtered in dismay.

"Are you okay with it?"

"Sorry, it's none of my business," stammered Harry. "I don't have to meet them, do I?"

"Just say hello, nothing more. Your treatment won't suffer, they won't be here long."

Salazar, why are you punishing me? Does that bastard Lucius really need to see my sick paws? Harry would prefer to shut himself up in the bedroom and not come out until the next day, but Draco felt a compelling need to show off his imprisoned exhibit for some unknown reason.

Lucius rolled his eyes at him. "Mr. Potter, to what do we owe your visit?"

"Well, um, I..."

Draco, what have you gotten me into, you moron!

"Harry is undergoing an experimental treatment. His hands are injured, but we've had great success already, and I think I'll be able to heal him completely.''

"And what kind of treatment do you use, if I may ask?" Lucius said teasingly.

"I probably shouldn't reveal that yet," Draco said. "I said it was an experimental treatment."

Lucius was chuckling the whole time, and Harry didn't quite understand what was so funny about it.

"Nice to see you, Mrs. Malfoy, Mr. Malfoy," Harry said politely, walking away quickly. Merlin's beard, what was that supposed to mean? He expected anything from open hostility to contemptuous arrogance, but not this cackle.

---

"Did you see Potter's hands?" Lucius asked his wife.

"Yes, I honestly have no idea what curse could have caused this," Narcissa replied. "Hopefully, Draco's treatment will really help him."

"Draco's treatment," Lucius laughed. "Do you know what kind of curse it is? Confisio Suprema."

"Black magic?" Narcissa was startled.

"No, it's old elemental magic, specifically, fire magic. Voldemort also taught us the basics of elemental magic. No one knows the Confisio Suprema anymore, and even if the healers knew it, they couldn't cure Potter. Only Draco can do that," Lucius said slyly.

"Stop keeping it secret and reveal how to cure it," Narcissa urged.

Lucius began to explain. "A wizard affected by this curse suffers excruciating pain and burning in the affected part of the body. Potter's hands had probably been completely numb for a long time, unable to move. The fact that he can now move them means only one thing – he has found someone with whom a bond of the highest trust binds him."

Narcissa let out a sharp breath. "Draco?"

"I believe so."

"Can it be cured completely?"

"Yes and no. The symptoms disappear completely when the two magically connect."

"You mean...?" Narcissa liked Potter quite a bit, but the idea was still bizarre to her.

"Exactly. And since Potter still has quite a bit of trouble, that means the two of them haven't done anything together yet."

"We should tell them so they don't waste time!"

"Dear Narcissa, they must figure this out themselves, or it won't work. When their bond is strong enough..." Lucius looked somewhat disgusted.

"Then it will be cured?"

"Yes, but once the bond is broken, or more specifically, if Draco betrays Potter, the symptoms will return to a degree that will most likely kill him."

"So poor Mr. Potter is addicted to our son to death?"

"Exactly."

"Don't you dare make any plans to hurt Mr. Potter! Draco looked really happy," Narcissa said sternly.

"Draco has terrible taste, though, don't you think?" laughed Lucius. "Can you imagine that crazy Gryffindor with the IQ of a hippogriff having an educational effect on our Scorpius?"

"Harry has a good heart and is one of the most capable Aurors in England," Narcissa defended Harry. "He's not stupid."

"The very fact that he's about to crawl into Slytherin's bed suggests otherwise," Lucius said, but Narcissa could see that her husband held no grudge against Potter.