How to get rid of a motivated Slytherin

Draco woke up beside Harry, his hands in his. He sat up, startled. Malfoy, you idiot, how did you manage to fall asleep in Potter's bed? Of course, I shouldn't have drunk so much. He squinted at Harry, who was obviously awake and looking quite cheerful.

"Just mock me, Potter. I just wanted to help you."

"Draco, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing of joy. Look."

Draco couldn't believe his eyes. Harry's hands! They were no longer charred. They looked like ordinary human hands blackened by coal. The veins didn't show through at all, and lighter skin was visible in several places.

Draco gave him a friendly hug. Harry looked genuinely surprised. He hadn't expected such a spontaneous reaction from Malfoy. Draco let go of Harry quickly, but he still looked very pleased.

"Does it hurt you?"

"Just a little."

"Can you move your hand?"

Harry shook his head in disappointment.

Draco stroked his hand. "Do you feel it?"

"Yeah. Faintly."

"Harry, it's still great!"

"Thank you for coming yesterday. I acted like a jerk. Again."

"Take the good with the bad. If we didn't fight, I wouldn't get drunk, I wouldn't sleep at your place, I wouldn't hold your hands all night..."

Harry was certainly glad that his hands had stopped hurting, but Draco's spontaneous joy seemed incomprehensible to him. He had to admit that he didn't know this new Malfoy. Maybe he's worth getting to know. His motives remained hidden, but he was his only hope for recovery.

Harry decided to give the unusual friendship a chance.

---

Draco suggested to Harry that he could keep him company in the lab. Harry didn't feel like it too much. He remembered the unpopular Potions lessons with Professor Snape and was worried that something embarrassing would happen to him again. Hopefully, Malfoy won't test him in potions. Although it is true that during his work as an Auror, Harry also worked with potions and became quite good at them. It can be pretty fun, after all. Certainly, better than being alone in the room and reading.

They quietly moved to the dining room for breakfast. Harry noticed that Draco had secretly put a hangover potion in his coffee but did not comment on it. He had already learned to levitate food to his mouth with wandless magic, but to do it in front of Malfoy? No way. He already felt weird when the elf brought him food, and he consumed it in his room for over an hour.

"Come on, Harry, aren't you going to eat anything? Tell me what you want, and I'll get it for you.''

"Maybe a chocolate bar?"

Fast energy, fast consumption. It would be perfectly okay. But Malfoy had the stupid idea of putting the chocolate bar into Harry's mouth, simpering. Doesn't he take some potions? This isn't the Malfoy he knew. Harry finally swallowed the last of the bar, and although he was still quite hungry, he got up to leave. They left together to the other side of the mansion. Draco was holding Harry's hand! It seemed as natural to him as if he were touching his young son, but it embarrassed Harry. Draco's touch was healing, pleasant, but... There was something electrifying about it that sent a completely inappropriate tingle down Harry's lumbar spine.

Thanks Merlin that Draco slept so soundly last night, otherwise he might have noticed that his patient had unspoken needs that wandless magic could not solve.

Draco was downright bragging about his lab and research. You could see that he wanted to impress Harry. Harry decided to make him happy and asked about various details of the research, Draco answered him enthusiastically. He had to admit that he was really good at his job, a true follower of Severus Snape. Finally, the morning in the lab flew by, and it was time for lunch.

"Draco, won't you be mad if I don't keep you company at lunch? I want to eat alone," Harry requested.

"Of course, but then I'll pick you up again."

The intensity of contact with Slytherin was too much for Harry.

"I'm tired, I'd rather read."

Draco understood. "Okay, I'll come to your place in the evening."

Harry nodded. He didn't know whether to look forward to Draco or fear his presence. Or fear himself?

Maybe Ron is right, and Malfoy is slowly wrapping him around his finger. Or is Harry wrapping Malfoy around his hands? If only the potions master could find some real medicine, Harry could get out of there. Strange, the thought filled him with a strange anxiety...