When Slytherin means you well

Narcissa was very sympathetic, so sympathetic it wasn't pleasant. Much to Harry's surprise, Lucius was quite – how to say it – normal?

"Look, Harry, I totally understand you. If I saw Narcissa kissing some guy, I probably wouldn't be able to keep my cool either."

He poured Harry a generous dose of fire whiskey, and when he saw that Harry couldn't hold the glass anymore, he poured the entire contents into his mouth.

Harry couldn't believe his eyes. Does the Death Eater approach him with a common human understanding?

He let Lucius give him another glass of fire whiskey and politely declined another. If I'm an idiot, I don't have to be a drunk idiot. I have to find Draco, that's all that matters.

It hadn't been two hours since Harry had taken the pain potion, and already his hands were burning excruciatingly. He tried to explain his plan to Lucius. He had to grit his teeth to endure the pain.

"Harry, does it hurt that much? I'll get you a pain potion," Narcissa promised with concern in her voice.

"I'll go get him a potion," Lucius said forcefully. In a moment, he brought the vial and poured its contents into Harry's mouth. Harry wasn't even in the state to protest. He began to trust the Malfoys in a completely naive Gryffindor way. The pain slowly disappeared, but also the ability to think clearly. Harry felt like he was very drunk, he wanted to sleep. He was incapable of a single clear thought. This was one of those potions he got at St. Mungo's. It relieved the pain but also the ability to do anything meaningful.

"You need to rest," Lucius said. He supported Harry and led him to one of the bedrooms. Harry fell into bed and fell into a dreamless sleep. He really needed it.

"Can you explain to me what that was supposed to mean? What did you give him to make him fall asleep like that?" Narcissa was angry.

"Calm down, Cissy, just a pain potion and calming potion, a little higher dose. He needs to sleep."

"I don't like it at all. You completely drugged him. Merlin knows how long he'll be out."

Lucius gave his wife a devilish look.

"Until we find Draco. Do you realise that someone is trying to kill him? One more photo like that, and it will kill him. We must protect Mr. Potter from his own jealousy. Draco wouldn't thank us if we let him die."

Narcissa indicated that there was something to it. One more bout of mistrust and the pain would become unbearable. Harry would either go insane or die of pain. He was already in the same state as in his first days at St. Mungo's.

"How do you want to find Draco? We don't have a single clue!"

"Even Aurors don't have it. I expect another news in the Daily Prophet in the next few days."

"The Aurors are going to miss Harry!"

"I will use a polyjuice potion. I'll just take his place. I don't have Auror training, but I sure have more wit than he does."

"Do you think no one will notice that he's acting differently? You are completely different from him."

Lucius snorted mockingly. "Fortunately. I may not be entirely convincing, but Potter is broken by fear and pain, which changes a person. They can't do anything to me."

Narcissa didn't like Lucius's plan too much, she didn't want to deprive Harry of his freedom, but how else to protect him?

"When he wakes up, he can apparate at any time and escape from us."

"That's what I was thinking," Lucius sneered, showing Harry's wand. "He cannot use it anyway."

"He masters wandless magic."

"That's why you have to watch over him. He must remain under the potions."

Narcissa looked worried. "Hopefully, it won't be long. I don't want him to become addicted to potions."

"Still better than dying."

No doubt about it. But Narcissa's intuition told her that if anyone had a chance of finding Draco, it was Harry. Lucius had forgotten that she was also a Slytherin and was certainly the sharper one in this married couple.