Adopted by Slytherins

"May I call you Harry?"

Harry nodded. He was a little uncomfortable with Mrs. Malfoy's attention. He had grown accustomed to Molly Weasley's kind favour, but the elegant lady's sympathy worried him. Especially after he and her son, um...

"I know what curse hit you. Confisio Suprema. Have you ever heard of it?"

Harry shook his head. "I have no idea. Confisio – it means trust. The Curse of the Ultimate Trust."

Narcissa gave him time to think. Information began to come together for Harry as if he were investigating some complicated case. Confidence. A bond of mutual trust. He and Draco. He was healed by Draco's touch. By making love to him.

He looked at Narcissa, his eyes wide with insight. In a moment, he would prefer to be at least a hundred light-years away from here. That woman knows everything! She knew more than he did from the start. Did Draco know anything about the curse? Hard to say.

"Does that mean Draco's friendship cured me?"

"If you want to call it that. It's a stronger bond than just friendship. A magical bond."

Watch out! Magical bonds don't just disappear. Does that mean I'm somehow connected to Malfoy even now? Not that it bothers me. Lately, I've only been thinking about how to "connect" with him... Could it be that there's dark magic involved? For example, a male pregnancy? No, Merlin, you wouldn't let that happen, would you?

"What else does the curse entail?" Harry seemed to forget that Mrs Malfoy wasn't there for questioning and asked in the Auror's very stern, commanding voice.

"Harry, you don't have to worry at all, it's not dark magic, it's elemental magic. The only small risk is that you must not betray each other or break the mutual bond of trust. Then it might be that the pain might come back to you to some extent."

Huh?

It hurt Narcissa to see Potter's expression. Obviously, he did not trust Draco much.

Harry felt his hands start to burn again. Am I going to be addicted to Malfoy's whims until death? He is too attractive to spend his whole life with me. He'll stop being interested in me in a moment... Harry looked desperately at his hands, which were completely healthy.

"You can count on Draco," Narcissa said firmly. Harry sighed. Mothers tend to idealise their children, especially handsome sons.

"The point is that you must not be unfaithful to him, do you understand? That bond is mutual. But I'm not worried about you."

Um. It is good to know. Do I really look like such a dork?

"I think you can go see him now," Narcissa decided.

"I'm not sure he wants to see me right now," Harry said bitterly. "He must feel like I just used him."

"Harry, you have no choice. You must learn to get along, or the curse will destroy you. If you need anything, let me know."

---

Incredible. It was unimaginable for Harry to become a member of the Malfoy family. Narcissa is very nice, but what about Lucius? Will he have to meet him too? Just the thought filled him with dread. As if in a dream, Harry stumbled to the front of Malfoy Manor and knocked. Draco in the doorway gave him a forced smile.

"I'm sorry, Draco, for everything. I really had no idea. Otherwise, I would never have bound you to me like this. I'm so sorry for burdening you with such a responsibility, I really didn't know anything."

Harry blurted out excuse after excuse. It was clear to Draco who had informed him. Narcissa!

The way he apologised softened Draco somehow.

Harry, even if I knew what our making love would do, I wouldn't deny you healing. Now I know that. But you don't need to know that. Slytherin is not that easy to tame, and you did it, you bastard Gryffindor. You're safe with me, but I won't tell you.

"Are you mad at me?" Potter finally shut up.

However, Draco slyly avoided the answer. He pulled Harry close and thrust his tongue into his mouth. You need a booster shot. My treatment is not over yet.