Chapter 7

It had been a month since Riya had started receiving flowers and notes with apologies. She ignored him completely believing he would stop but he never missed  a day. For days she just instructed the security to dumb them in trash but for a week she had turned curious about the notes. Riya tried to distract her mind from the flowers and notes but a part of her went back. She wondered what made Varun so restless for her forgiveness . Why now?  Why was he pushy about it?

Riya believed her ignorance will drive him away but his dedication had now started affecting her. She was still dwindling between her thoughts when sound of her phone bought her back, she smiled and caller ID and answered. ''Hi Vani!''

''Don't Hi me, it has ben a week since I came back home and my baby is still waiting for her masi. We are really heartbroken.''

Riya laughed, ''Sorry, to the baby. I had a busy week but I promise to meet you and my sweet niece this weekend.''

''Think of a name, we want you to give her he name.'' Riya smiled, Vani and Shaan made sure that she felt welcomed and loved. She was happy for them and may be a jealous in a corner, she wondered if things would have taken a different turn, may be she would have had same blessing in her life with Varun. Riya froze, he never left her mind. How much ever she tried, it had always been him. She could never imagine herself with someone else. She pulled her hair hard, he betrayed her and he did not deserve to be in her thoughts she reminded herself. 

Riya felt agitated, she quickly placed her palm her over her heart taking a deep breath. An activity her therapist taught her to counter anxiety.. Damn Varun, she cursed him before moving in.

***

Varun stood below Riya's building his eyes focused on the window of her room. He left a note and bouquet daily  with the security and watched the ill fate of his apology with hope. He knew he deserved it, but he was determined. He had come here with a determination to win her back , but now , all he wanted was her forgiveness. Varun wanted to free her of the pain so she could move forward and be the sunshine she had always been. Varun's phone pinged, it was the message from security. The old man had taken a pity on the young boy and shared his number. Varun smiled reading the message. ''She took the flowers and the note. Don't give up.'' Pushing his hands into the pocket, he walked away, his heart filled with a new hope.

Riya peeped through her window, she knew he was there. She had always known of his presence but she aced as if he didn't exist. Riya stared at the flowers, her mind still thinking what to think of those flowers. Taking slow steps, she allowed her fingers to caress them, her heart going back to her first meeting with him. She has lived those moment and thousand times and his betrayal a million times. Pulling her fingers back, she unfolded the note.

'Riya,

I know, I don't deserve a word or an apology . I don't deserve anything but you deserve all. IF there is something which will make you let go the pain, I am willing to do it. Punish me if you want to. I am not asking a chance, I am asking for an hour. I promise not to bother you again.

Varun.'

Riya crumbled the note throwing it in the corner. Yes, he didn't deserve her apology . A week went in blur and Riya read all the notes left for her. Not in one he asked for her to come back to him. Riya frowned, did he wanted her apology to move on with someone? She felt rage. He was again using her to cleanse his soul and then leave her in pain. She wanted to inflict an a pain on him which would never heal, a pain which would wear him off slowly. She felt amazing calmness as she imagined his heart breaking slowly into million pieces. Yes, she was going to meet him and show him the mirror. She will hurt him beyond his imagination and he will live with it.