Chapter 16

After the show the, the band attended the after party with the organizers and sponsors , who had made tons of money. Nirali squeezed Amisha's shoulder, ''You should tell them its you.''

Amisha shook her head, ''No, not required.''

''Where is Riya?'' Nirali asked

''She was there a minute back....'' Amisha's words were cut in middle when Naman reached out, ''Riya's number is not reachable.''

''She must be around.'' Nirali tried dissuading the fear that clutched her heart. Naman shook his head. ''No, she has been unreachable for 30 mins.''

''Should we check the security footage?''

''We are likely not to get anything. There are too many blind spots.'' Naman replied worried

''Varun knows?''

Nama paled, ''he is now.''

''We should inform the Police.''

''And say what?'' Amisha asked

Nirali thought for a moment. ''I have parents address, we can use a little power and have them under watch even before they try a thing.''

Naman nodded, ''Give me then and I will take care of that.'' Nirali messaged Naman the details and Amisha made her way where Varun sat all lost, dialling her number repeatedly his body shivering in fear. Amisha's fingers curled. ''She wasn't going to let the love die so easily, not for them. Stepping out, she dialled a number. ''Ami! Congrats, your show is a success.''

''I need your help. My friend is missing and we have doubt it's her family. They will harm her, pls help.''

There was a silence. ''Ami, do these people mean so much to you?''

''Yes, they are family.''

The silence on the other side defined the hurt that person felt. ''And I am not?''

''Can't one have a big family? And can we discussed his later, I need your help the more time you waste the more danger grows.''

''Fine, I will handle them and may be help in finding your friend.'' AMisha knew, this would help

Along with Nirali and Riya, they had started gathering the proofs required to safeguard Riya from her honour stricken family. Their school dean being the first, then her aunt and finally Shaan. Nirali pulled out the file that Shaan had given her, it had the details of her mental and physical state when they got married. Riya was a broken child with a body full of bruises. He had clicked these pictures with an intention to file a case but Riya had been so scared that he dropped the idea to calm her . He had the doctors reports and other details.

''Varun had an anxiety attack.'' Arun informed. Lakshay decided to take him to the hospital but Nirali stood blocking the path. ''Varun, she needs you. She fought to get you your mother and now, its your turn. You need to let this weakness go. Fight Varun! Tell us when you saw her last and with whom?''

Varun still had difficulty in breathing but Riya was his life and Nirali was right. ''She was with my mother. Then she took me to meet my mother and post that she excused herself to use ladies room.''

The officer who heard this directed his team towards the ladies room. After few minutes he came back and confirmed what they feared, ''We got the signs of struggle, a broken phone and sim missing. Her bag was also found near the bin.'' 

The group was disgusted with people who would go this limit for their false pride. Amisha kept checking her phone, she was waiting for a sign and it just came in. ''I have her family and her younger brother in my captivity. we had send out a message to them. Atleast, he wouldn't dare to harm her.''