Chapter 14

Riya smiled at Arun who stood at her door step. ''Varun wouldn't like me visiting you in his absence.'' He said stepping in her apartment.

''He will have to change that.''  Riya replied locking the door behind them. She gestured Arun to sit. She bought them a coffee and took her seat opposite to him.

''Varun's father enjoys dominating people.'' Riya said. They had discovered messages from a confidential  numbers being delivered on daily basis. Arun had exchanged the phone and given Varun a new number and taken Varun's old one,  he had been making a note of all the message. ''What do you suggest?'' Arun asked.

''First, we make a proper complaint in cyber cell and figure out who is the owner of this number. We do all legally.''

''They are not some one ordinary.'' Arun remined about Devan family.

''And that is what we should you against them. All these years, I have understood one thing, a human's biggest power is their biggest weakness.''

Arun nodded. ''What should I do?''

''Is case you can, pls arrange a meeting between me and Vraun's mother.'' Arun thought. ''Fine, I will. I should leave before Varun comes back.''

''Arun, he is your friend. Why do say that every time.?''

''He is my friend, but you have no idea what you are for him. You are is hope and his biggest fear. I don't want him worried.''  Riya smiled. After Arun left , she  again went through the print outs of the messages Arun had go her. Her phone buzzed and she disconnected it. It was her uncle and she had expected her family to reach out, but she wasn't interested in mending any bonds. For now Varun was her priority.

Riya heard the click, she smiled. She knew the sound of Varun unlocking the door. ''Hi!'' She said softly pecking his cheek. Varun responded with a smile taking in all of her with deep affection in his eyes. ''How was you day?'' Riya asked.

Varun kissed her forehead,  ''awesome , because I knew I have you to come back to. ''Riya went on her toes placing her lips softly over his. Varun scooped her up making Riya squeak. She laughed as he swung her around as if she weighed nothing. Varun eyes froze on the 2 cups. ''Was someone here?'' Riya's mind was now back to being the professional.

''Do you trust me?'' She answered his question with hers.

''Riya, its not about trust. I fear for your safety.''

Riya cupped his cheek pecking the other one. ''I am no longer the same Riya. And Arun was here.'' He nodded trying to smile. 

''I will get the food ready.'' She said hopping back into the kitchen. Riya had left the cups intentionally in the room. She wanted to read more of his mind. Varun's expression gave away his insecurities and she decided to help him overcome his torrid emotions. ''Freshen up, I' ll arrange  dinner.'' Riya thought something, smiling she connected her playlist with the speaker and the house was filled songs composed by Varun. When he stepped out of his room, his lips stretched into a smile hearing his own voice echoing every corner. He moved towards he kitchen and found her dancing funnily as she went about heating the dinner.

Varun just smiled, ''What are you doing?'' He asked. Instead of answering, she moved to dancing on he music. Riya did a dramatic twirl falling into his arms. Varun blinked, ''watch out.''

She slapped her forehead, ''when a girl falls dramatically in a boys arms, they are suppose to have an eye lock, not warn her about being carful.'' She clicked her tongue in disappoint. Pushing him, Varun smiled pulled her close, he wrapped an arm around her waist, and linked the other with hers. He took a step forward and she took one back. Varun Riya coordinated as if they had been practicing for ages. The song moved from a slow to a fast one and their dance turned from romantic to a fun one. They hopped matched he steps, laughed and then jumped around like  kids laughing their hearts out. In that moment they were back to being the kids who fell in love with each other.