Chapter 15

It was a regular day for rest of the world but for Riya, it was the beginning of a battle. If Varun's dad was going to play dirty, she was going to answer him with hers. He had been playing with Varun's emotions and she was going to havoc his. She smiled; Arun had done her homework well. She had asked him to pull out the history of Dewan family and now, was the time to lay the cards

Veena Dewan stepped out of her car looking nervous. Riya watched her through the glass as the older lady made her way to the posh restaurant. Riya had booked a private table to ensure privacy. Her eyes were focused on Veena's face and body language. This woman; never had stood up for herself. She had allowed people to walk all over her. Riya huffed, a part of her sympathizing with the elder lady.

Veena was being directed to the table where Riya waited for her. Riya stood up greeting Veena. ''Hello! Mrs. Dewan.''

Veena blinked, ''Considering you are with my son, I expected you to address me as Aunty or Mom.''

Riya gestured Veena to sit before taking her own seat and then responded. ''Is he your son? No! Wrong question? Can you call yourself his mother?'' Riya knew she had hit the spot when Veena's face turned white. ''You know nothing.''

''Veena Dewan! Maiden Name Veena Sharma, daughter of one of the leading businessman of the country. Your father craved for a son and never gave you the affection you desired. He married you off to a man who was exactly like him, Vijay Dewan. A man who came from nothing, but shared your father's dream and your father gave birth right to a man who thinks nothing of you!''

Riya felt Veena knuckles turning white in anger. ''How dare you?''

Riya's face turned grim. ''How dare you Mrs Dewan and HOW DARE YOUR HUSBAND! Your husband is trying to sabotage all that he had built out of his father's shadows. Vijay Dewan couldn't take it and decided to destroy that, but guess what not this time.'' Riya threw the print outs of the snap shots on the table. ''I have all the proofs required and I will nail him this time.''

''Then why tell me?''

Riya tilted her head. ''Vijay never loved you. He married you for the money and he stayed married for the same reason. Your dad for some reason gave the major rights around his money to you and you used the same to keep him because you loved him.'' Veena stayed quite. Riya leaned further, ''Be the parent you never got. Varun needs his mother. The day you become that, I will address you differently. You have 2 days to act Mrs Dewan.''

With that Riya cleared her bills and stepped out. Veena watched as Riya got into a black luxury car driving her. ''Be the parent you never got.'' Riya's stinging words kept ringing her ears. She ordered a coffee and sat there reading the print outs, her head in splits. Riya's words worked, Veena's pent up frustration reached her limit.

***

Arun drove in silence, ''you think this will work.''

Riya gave him a mock glare, ''You are doubting my skills buddy.''

Arun chuckled, ''No, I am just worried if varun's mom will be able to take a stand.''

''She loves him, even if she stayed aloof. She never reached out thinking Vijay Dewan will leave Varun alone but, her husband broke that promise. And if this doesn't work, Mr Dewan will go down bad.'' Arun nodded

***

Riya unlocked her apartment and stepped in, she realized he was home. Taking off her shoes, she tip toed around and found the shower running. Taking her shoes off, she stepped in the shower, hugged Varun from the back.

He smiled. ''Hey love!''

She kissed his naked back. ''I love you.''

Varun turned around, he cupped her face taking all in. ''Why do you look at me like this?''