Chapter 10

Varun dreamt of a place full of light, he smiled at the serene calmness he felt around him. For years he had wished for it and here it was. He didn't wanted to leave this place, ever. He knew his friends will be broken to lose him but he knew it was for best. He was an emotional wreck and had them worried for long. 

'I have been a disappointment to all. My family, my friends and above all my Riya. I wish, I could be more than just a disappointment. May be in next life.'  He closed his eyes asking for forgiveness from his friends and wished hem luck. He decided to walk towards he light when his heart started to pick up. After years, he felt the heart in chest, he felt it beating rhythmically for first time in years. He felt her presence behind him and the greed to have look of her face took over his desire to be free. He turned around, and there she stood, her hand extend to him. ''Pls come back, for me.''

Varun stared at her face, she stood like his utmost desire. She took a step, placed her palm over his chest and then placed her cheek against it. ''Come back Varun, for me.''

He wanted to lift his arms and wrap them around her but he couldn't. He recalled what she had been through because of his cowardice, he was not good for her. Even she was ready to forgive him, he should stay away from him. Varun suddenly felt the light fading away as Riya refused to let go, he gave up and he was back in the same room, the monitor sound echoing the room. Varun opened his eyes and heard Naman, ''Varun, can you hear me.''

Varun wanted to speak but he couldn't find the strength to speak. Naman ran out to look for doctor as Arun and Lakshay attended to Varun. Varun looked around, he could see Nirali and Amisha but where was Riya. He knew she was here, he felt her and not being able to find her worried him. His eyes moved to Lakshay. ''Yes, Riya did come to see you. She just stepped out and will be back soon.'' Varun didn't trust what Lakshay said his eyes moved to Nirali whose face looked like that of a ghost. Before he could ask more, Nirali walked away from the room. Varun asked for water, his breath suddenly picked up. 

A hand caressed his head, it was Shaan. ''She is fine Varun, she will be here once doctor checks on you. Ok.'' Varun nodded, Shaan's words calmed him. They all stepped out so that doctor could check on him. Shaan walked into Riya's room and found her sitting , her back against the elevated bed. ''He is up.'' She whispered, it was not a question but a statement. Varun smiled and nodded. ''And I knew you would be upto. He wants to see you.'' 

Riya nodded, ''I will just freshen up.'' Shaan pushed her to have something before she was ready to see Varun. He was happy that finally Riya was going to get what she deserved and desired for so long. 

Nirali helped her dressing up so Varun wouldn't know she was unwell. ''Ready!'' Riya nodded

***

After about and hour Varun sat surrounded by happy faces of his friends who made plans including him. It was just Naman, who sat his eyes boring holes into Varun. He hadn't uttered a word till now. Varun did all to escape he gaze but Varun knew there was a long discussion coming up later in the day. The room suddenly turned silent as all eyes moved to the door. Riya stood there with Shaan, her eyes locked with Varun. All others seemed to have disappeared for them. SHaan smiled wiping the wetness from the corner of his eyes and decided to step out. As if taking the clue, others as well walked out. Amisha had to drag Naman out as he refused to leave Varun alone. 

Riya sat close to Varun as the they both struggled for words. Riya moved her hand and placed hers over his. Varun felt a warmth spreading through his form. ''I am sorry!'' He apologised again

She smiled. ''I forgive you! Do you promise not to hurt yourself again.'' He smiled and nodded. There was a long silence again. Riya wanted him to take the first step and Varun waned Riya to move on,