Chapter 9

Naman sat like a statue, his mind playing all the moments they had spend as friends. They had been so happy, he now felt it had been all wrong to come back and help Lakshay find his love. If not, then Varun wouldn't have met Riya, and all this could have been avoided. Naman was beyond mad. While Lakshay and Arun paced around speaking to doctors and making sure all their friend was taken care properly, Naman sat recalling Varun, so burdened with pain that he was ready to let go his life to be free from it. NO, he wanted to end his life because that would make Riya happy. Naman wanted to break something but there was nothing left, he shut his eyes tight praying for all it to be a dream and tears made the way down his cheeks. He hated himself, life, the events and above all Riya. His hate for her had now grown in leaps and bounds.

''Naman.'' A soft palm squeezed his shoulder. He didn't acknowledge he presence , ''leave Amisha, I might not be polite today.''

''I guess, I will take the chance.'' Naman stared at Amisha, her face held so much tenderness that he could not bring his heart to be rude to her. Naman leaned on and she hugged him tight offering the support he was looking for. Naman broke down, crying the first time since the fateful incident.

''You know what hurt the most? He was ready to give his life up for her and he couldn't decide to live for us. I hate her Amisha.'' AMisha 's arms tightened around her . The band had been on a Europe tour for a month. After the grand success, they had partied hard and then Varun and decided to go for a drive , Naman decide to accompany him.

They had fun singing along the radio. It was around midnight when they were crossing over a lonely hilly road when Varun had smiled at him a way he couldn't understand and then he was being pushed out of vehicle as it crashed against a tree , fire engulfing it next moment. Naman forgot all, he didn't care of the fire and had pulled Varun out but more than body , Varun had given up on his breaths. They both had sustained burn injuries  but Naman had been conscious and Varun never spoke.

Nirali had heard the news from Lakshay and had decided to be there for her husband and Amisha tagged along. 

As Amisha consoled Naman her thoughts went back to Varun and Riya. She couldn't explain this to Naman that the only hope that could bring Varun back was Riya. They were like body and soul , and one wouldn't survive without other. Though Riya did hurt Varun, but no one could see the pain buried deep in her heart. Riya had a chance to move on, yet she couldn't. Amisha knew, Riya would never love anyone, it was just Varun for her then and now. 

Approaching foot steps took their attention and Naman's expression changed from hurt to pure hatred. Riya and Shaan stood at the end of the corridor inquiring about something. Naman stood up and walked to the middle of the corridor, blocking the duo. Riya ignored him and tried walking past him but Naman blocked her again. AMisha tried to intervene but Naman's anger silenced her

''Get out'' Naman Whispered through his teeth as the other ARun and Lakshay stood, guarding the door of hospital room. Riya ignored him but Naman had made his mind, he grabbed her arm and pushed her out. ''Get out before I forget he loves you.''

Shann saved her from falling. Riya stood up , ignored and tried moving past Naman.  He blocked her again. ''You are a bloody bad luck to him.''

''Shut up!'' That came fro Nirali. ''She didn't put him on fire, he chose that. You misbehave once again, I will do something I shouldn't.'' If Naman cared for Varun and his pain, Nirali had seen her friend go through hell. 

''Get out!'' Naman threatened 

Riya stared at Naman with a blank face. She seemed to have crossed the threshold and now she felt like a walking corpse.    ''You want him back then you will have to let me in. He will do all to fulfil my wish..he always does...'' She whispered the last part.